Last updated on April 1, 2016
Khel Now allows fans/users to contribute different kinds of content, including reviews, photos, videos, events, comments, and more. This section lays out some general guidelines regarding the creation and dissemination of content.
- Inappropriate content: Colorful language and imagery is fine, but there's no need for threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and other displays of bigotry.
- Conflicts of interest: Your contributions should be as unbiased and objective as possible. Business owners should avoid asking customers or friends and family members to write reviews.
- Promotional content: Unless you're adding content to your business's profile page, we generally frown upon promotional content. Let's keep the site useful for fans/users and not overrun with spam.
- Relevance: Please make sure your contributions are relevant and appropriate to the forum. For example, reviews aren't the place for rants about employment practices, political ideologies, extraordinary circumstances, or other matters that don't address the core of the user experience.
- Privacy: Don’t publicize other people’s private information. Please don’t post close-up photos or videos of other people without their permission, and please don’t post other people’s full names and/or contact details unless you’re referring to service providers who are commonly identified by or commonly share their own details.
- Intellectual property: Don’t swipe content from other sites or fans/users. You’re a smart person, so write your own reviews and take your own photos and videos. Click here to review our copyright and trademark infringement policies.
- Extortion: You should not use removing or posting your review as a way to extract payment from a business or individual, regardless of whether you’ve been a customer.
This section lays out some content-specific guidelines regarding the creation and dissemination of content that you might contribute to the site.
- Reviews: The best reviews are passionate and personal. They offer a rich narrative, a wealth of detail, and a helpful tip or two for other fans/users. Here are some additional thoughts for conscientious reviewers.
- Personal experience: We want to hear about your firsthand experience, not what you heard from your friend, co-worker or significant other. Try to tell your own story without resorting to broad generalizations and conclusory allegations.
- Accuracy: Make sure your review is factually correct. Feel free to air your opinions, but don't exaggerate or misrepresent your experience. We don't take sides when it comes to factual disputes, so we expect you to stand behind your review.
- Review updates: Review updates should reflect a new experience or interaction with the business. Don't tell the same old story you've already told. If you'd like to add new insight to an old experience, just edit your review instead of creating a new update.
- Photos and Videos: Photos and videos should be broadly relevant to the category and reflect the typical fan/user experience. If you post a photo or video that showcases a more unique personal experience, we may remove it.
- User Profile: Use your account profile to let other fans/users know who you are and what makes you tick. Fans want to read reviews from people they know and trust (not those with profiles that are empty or laced with inappropriate content). Also, as a general all-purpose how-to-use-the-internet reminder, do not share personally identifiable information about yourself such as your street address or mobile phone unless you are okay with everyone in the world seeing them.
- Event: Heard about a great event in the neighborhood? Great! Post it to the Events tab on Khel Now. Please don't use Events to post your recurring promotional announcements and sales. We also like to keep the content fresh, so please don't post events more than 6 months in advance.
- Business Owner: Business owners should be getting in on the act, too. Some words of wisdom:
- From the Business: You can use your very own page to tell people a little something special about your business. Please keep it relevant: don't use this feature to attack your competitors, reviewers, or Khel Now, and don't use it to seed keywords or post special offers or promotions — we'll remove them if we see them. o Public Comments: Private messaging is often the best way to resolve a dispute with an unhappy customer, but business owners can also address issues publicly by posting a public comment. As with private messaging, we ask that business owners upload a clear photo of themselves to help personalize their message. Don't use public comments to launch personal attacks, advertise, or offer an incentive to change a review.
- Video: Videos are a great way for advertisers to promote themselves on Khel Now. Be as creative as you can, but please keep it clean. We're not big fans of imagery showing violence, drug use, nudity, near nudity, or suggestive acts. Also, please don't use your video to disparage other businesses, users or Khel Now; request or solicit reviews from users; or respond to user reviews.
- Don’t ask for reviews and don’t offer to pay for them either: Please don’t ask your customers to review your business on Khel Now. Over time, solicited reviews create bias on your business page — a bias that savvy consumers can smell from a mile away. You should also never offer compensation (discounts and freebies count too) in exchange for reviews.