IND vs ENG: Big boost for India; Ravindra Jadeja returns to nets ahead of 3rd test
(Courtesy : (Twitter))
Ravindra Jadeja missed the second test in Vishakapatnam due to hamstring injury.
In a big boost for the home side, ace Indian all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja is back at the nets ahead of the crucial third test match against England, which is set to begin on February 15 in Rajkot at the Saurashtra Cricket Stadium. The star all-rounder missed the Vizag test after suffering hamstring injury during the first game against the Ben Stokes-led side.
The 35-year-old Jadeja played the Hyderabad test, where he notched up 87 runs in the first innings and managed to score just two in the second innings. The all-rounder also picked up a total of five wickets in the opening fixture against England. However, in the second innings, while taking a single, Ravindra Jadeja pulled his hamstring and was later excluded from the second match of the five-match test series.
The 35-year-old all-rounder holds great record at his home ground, including a record triple century in First Class (FC) cricket.
In the latest post shared on Ravindra Jadeja’s Instagram handle, the all-rounder shared a photo of him during net session and captioned it “Looking good in this attire.”
Earlier, the BCCI senior selection committee, while naming the squad for the last three test matches, stated that the participation of Ravindra Jadeja and KL Rahul is subject to their fitness, and veteran batter Virat Kohli will not take part in the series due to some personal reasons.
Currently, the series stands leveled 1-1, where England won the first match and India won the second.
India squad for last three tests vs England:
Rohit Sharma (C), Jasprit Bumrah (VC), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shubman Gill, KL Rahul*, Rajat Patidar, Sarfaraz Khan, Dhruv Jurel (WK), KS Bharat (WK), R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja*, Axar Patel, Washington Sundar, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohd. Siraj, Mukesh Kumar, Akash Deep
- CSK's new recruit Sameer Rizvi smashes 312 off 266 deliveries in Col CK Nayudu trophy ahead of IPL 2024
- Injured during CWC 2023, Hardik Pandya returns to field in DY Patil T20 Tournament ahead of IPL 2024
- Hanuma Vihari exposes ACA, reveals why he was asked to step down as captain in between Ranji Trophy 2023-24
- IND vs ENG: Twitter trolls Rajat Patidar following his duck in 2nd innings of Ranchi test
- IND vs ENG: After pulling out of the series, Virat Kohli reacts to India's win in 4th test