Les Dogues host Les Gones in the French league on Friday night.
Lille and Lyon have been two of the heavyweights of the French League in the last few years. However, this season both clubs have been victims of inconsistency. Lille currently sits in 6th spot with six points away from the Champions League spot while Lyon are currently struggling at the 10th spot with seven points away from European football.
This match is likely to decide the fate of both clubs going forward. Lyon might be in the 10th spot at the moment but they have three wins from the last five matches which will give them a big boost going against strong Lille. Although this game is unlikely to make any drastic changes in the points table but is really crucial for Lille and Lyon’s campaign
Friday, 10-03-2023, 8:00 pm (GMT)
Saturday, 11-03-2023 1:30 am (IST)
Lille form (all competitions): D-L-D-W-D
Lyon form (all competitions): W-L-W-W-D
Players to Watch
Lille: Remy Cabella
Remy Cabella is the star man of the Lille squad. The French attacking midfielder has been phenomenal for them and has scored four goals and provided six assists for them in just 20 appearances. Cabella’s movement with the ball is a joy to watch and the habit of finding spaces in defence is going to be the biggest threat to Lyon’s defenders.
Lyon: Nicolas Tagliafico
The Argentine fullback was the big signing for Lyon in the summer window and as expected, he has lived up to all expectations. In the disappointing season for Lyon, Tagliafico has been their biggest positive. He has made the left flank his own and so far dominated against every opposition in the league.
- Lille are unbeaten at home in the last 14 matches
- Lyon has won the last two encounters against Lille
- Jonathan David has scored 16 goals this season in the league and is the league’s second-highest goalscorer.
Injury and Team News
- Lyon has been plagued with many injuries at the moment in the squad. Lacazette, Boateng and Gusto are unavailable for them in the clash.
- Lille doesn’t have any big names on the Injury table but Adam Ounas is going to be a big miss for them.
Head to Head stats
Played – 50
Lille – 21
Drawn – 16
Lyon – 13
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top 10 players with most club goals in football history
- Top five players to watch out for at the AFCON 2023 qualifiers
- UEFA EURO 2024 Qualifiers: Schedule, fixtures, telecast & more
- Top five most successful English clubs of all-time
- Top 11 players with most goal contributions in 2022-23 season
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s 122 international goals: Breakdown
Lille predicted XI (4-2-3-1)
Chevalier, Gudmundsson, Fonte, Djalo, Weah, Andre, And. Gomes, Cabella, Ang. Gomes, Bamba, David.
Lyon predicted XI (4-2-3-1)
Riou, Tagliafico, Lukeba, Lovren, Diomande, Tolisso, Caqueret, Lepenant, Cherki, Sarr, Barcola.
Lyon and Lille are both struggling at the moment in the league. The big magnitude of this clash is likely to decide their fate going forward. Lyon has been on a good run lately but are currently plagued with many injuries which are likely to play a big factor in the match. Lille are in better shape and with the home crowd at their back, they are likely to come on the top.
Prediction: Lille 1-0 Lyon
India- Viacom18, Voot, Jio Cinema
USA- beIN Sports
UK- BT Sport
For more updates, follow Khel Now on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and join our community on Telegram.
Leave a Reply