Lionel Messi’s 300 club career assists: Breakdown
(Courtesy : FIFA)
The Argentine magician has reached yet another milestone.
To increase their supreme position, PSG won the game 2-1. Messi, who is having a strong season with the French juggernauts, has increased his season total of assists to 17, across all competitions.
This year, Messi has recorded 13 Ligue 1 assists (highest). He added four more assists to his tally for the 2022–23 Champions League campaign, bringing it to 17.
Messi gave PSG a total of 14 assists in the 2021–22 season. They all arrived in Ligue 1. For PSG, he has already provided 31 assists across all leagues.
Messi led Barcelona with 36 assists, ranking second in Champions League history with 40 assists. He earned 41 assists for Barcelona in other matches.
For PSG last season, Messi led Ligue 1 with six goals and 14 assists. He added five goals to his total in the Champions League.
Messi has led PSG to success in Ligue 1 this year with 13 goals and 13 assists.
In addition to scoring a goal in the French Super Cup, he managed to score four goals and provide four assists during the UCL 2022–23 season.
The brilliant number 10 gave even more credence to his claim to be the best of all time by assisting Kylian Mbappe, who scored from close range after rounding the goalie without error.
After this victory, PSG moves one point ahead of Marseille in the Ligue 1 standings. The Parisians will play Rennes on March 19 after accruing 66 points through 27 games.
Lionel Messi's 300 career assists the breakdown
- Germany midfielder Toni Kroos set to come out of international retirement ahead of Euro 2024
- Brazil defender Dani Alves sentenced to four and a half years in jail over sexual assault in Barcelona
- ''Jurgen Klopp will not coach any club or national team for a year'' confirms agent
- India announce squad for Turkish Women's Cup 2024
- Top five highest scorers in the ISL of all time
- Top four Manchester United players to score in six consecutive Premier League matches
- Top 10 most valuable teams in MLS 2024
- Top 10 best forwards to watch out for in MLS 2024
- Top four clubs Thomas Tuchel could manage after leaving Bayern Munich in summer 2024
- Top five managers who could replace Thomas Tuchel at Bayern Munich