LaLiga 2022-23: Real Sociedad vs Almeria: Predicted lineup, injury news, head-to-head, telecast
Newly promoted Almeria visits Real Sociedad looking for their second away win of the season.
After spoiling the celebration party for Barcelona, it was fitting for Real Sociedad to first give guard of honour to the champions and then beating them in their own backyard after 7 years of wait will not only boost them to finish strong in top four but help them to prepare and start for coming season on a positive high.
They will be looking to take maximum points from the pending 03 matches after going undefeated in their last 06 matches. They have looked bit shaky on the road but keeping in mind their home record, they haven’t lost at home since their defeat to Real Valladolid (0-1) on 05th Feb, 2023. They surely have
The newly promoted Almeria this year have proved themselves as the surprise package who are playing much better than most people expected. Last season, they were in the second level of Spanish football, so most LaLiga fans expected Almeria to struggle to avoid relegation. At the moment, Rubi’s team is in a respectable 13th place. In the previous match, Almeria hosted 12th placed Mallorca and played some outstanding football scoring 03 and keeping a clean sheet for the 1st since their win against Barcelona on 26th Feb 2023.
However, Almeria cannot just feel content just yet with their 13th spot as they are just 04 points from the safety which is not a very secure difference considering all the teams have 03 matches to play towards the end of the season. They will be hoping to secure the maximum points in order to make themselves home after their promotion to top-flight this year. Sociedad on other hand are a different team when it comes to their home turf and will be confident to do a double over their visiting team.
Tuesday, 23-05-2023, 02:00 pm (ET)
Tuesday, 23-05-2023, 11:00 pm (IST)
Stadium: Reale Arena
Real Sociedad Form (In All Competitions): W- D- W- W- D
Almeria Form (In All Competitions): W- L- W- L- W
Player to watch
Real Sociedad: Mikel Merino
The Spanish midfielder has provided second highest assists in LaLiga 2022-23 (09) only behind Griezmann (12) and drawing level with Vinicius Jr. (09). Looking into his passing aspect of the game, Merino Zazon passes the ball roughly 52.44 times during a game with a pass completion rate of 77.38%. Putting his performance in contrast across all competition and among players in the top five European leagues, only Randal Kolo Muani (6.8 – 9 assists from 2.2 xA) and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (4.6 – 7 assists from 2.5 xA) have a higher expected assists differential than the Spaniard (5.6 – 9 assists from 2.1 xA).
The Brazilian’s hattrick against Mallaroca on Saturday helped his team to move upto 13th spot and not only helped them to grab 03 important points but also gave a boost in the goal difference. His total tally moves upto 06 goals in 16 matches which might be just the push the player and the team’s attack would need at this point when the season is almost in the closing distance.
He has taken 5 shots in 16 matches so far in the La Liga 2022-2023 season. Of the 5 shots, 4 shots were on target and the other 1 shots were off target. That means that Marques’s shooting accuracy is 80.00%. He scores a goal for every 1.67 shots he takes and takes 1.06 shots per 90 minutes on the pitch.
Match Facts for Real Sociedad vs Almeria
- Almería have won two of their last three LaLiga matches, having won just one of their previous seven in the competition (D2 L4).
- Almería have conceded the most headed goals of any side in La Liga this season (11), seven of them away from home.
- Real Sociedad are the team that have benefited the most from opponent’s own goals in LaLiga 2022-23 (four, level with Rayo Vallecano).
- Real Sociedad have not lost any of their last five La Liga matches (W3 D2), keeping a clean sheet in three – they have not kept four clean sheets in a row since February 2022 (W2 D2).
- Almería coach Rubi has won only two of his seven LaLiga meetings with Real Sociedad (D1 L4) but both have come while Imanol Alguacil has been in position as Real Sociedad’s manager (W2 L2).
- Three of Almería’s 10 goals against Real Sociedad in LaLiga have come from penalties ¬- against no other side have they scored more penalty goals in the top-flight (three also against Granada).
Trending World Football Articles:
- Robert Lewandowski, Vinicius Jr lead KN’s LaLiga Team of the Season for 2022-23
- FIFA U20 World Cup: Gambia reach knockout stage after beating France
- Premier League Team of the Season for 2022-23 season
- Real Madrid and Barcelona lose right to market games as ‘El Clásico’
- Top five teams with most top four finishes in Premier League history
Injury and Team News for Real Sociedad vs Almeria
Real Sociedad: Injury: Brais Mendez (Hamstring), David Silva (Knock), M. Marquelanz (Knee Injury and U. Sadiq (MCL Knee Ligament)
Almeria: Injury: Chumi (knee injury), E. Toure (Thigh Muscle Strain), Kaiky (Hamstring) and M. Svidersky (ACL Knee Ligament) remain on the sidelines through injury.
Head to Head stats
Matches – 09
Real Sociedad – 03
Almeria – 04
Draws – 02
Predicted Lineups for Real Sociedad vs Almeria
Real Sociedad Predicted Lineup (4-1-3-2)
Remiro, A. Munoz, Le Normand, Zubeldia, Gorosabel, M. Oyarzabal, M. Merino, Zubimendi, T. Kubo, A. Sorloth, D. Silva
Almeria Predicted Lineup (4-3-3)
F. Martinez, A. Centelles, S. Babic, Rodrigo Ely, A. Pozo, L. Robertone, Samu Costsa, Melero, A. Embarba, L. Suarez, Lazaro
Match Prediction for Real Sociedad vs Almeria
Both teams are coming to this match after securing three points and putting a display which was a treat for their fans. Sociedad will be the most confident ones after slaying the champions and also defeating Almeria in the reverse fixture but Almeria have the potential of doing the damage when unsuspected the most. Both the teams have won against the champions, Barcelona so they both have that x-factor to surprise each other. Almeria will have an uphill task of registering only their 02nd away victory in the league and looking at the home sides record in Reale Arena, they will feel themselves worthy even with just a point.
Prediction: Real Sociedad 2 – 1 Almeria
India – Jio TV
USA – ESPN+
United Kingdom – Free Sports
Nigeria – Supersport, StarTimes, Canal+
For more updates, follow Khel Now on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and join our community on Telegram.
posted in :