Pep Guardiola: List of Trophy won as manager
The Spanish manager has positioned himself as the sport’s most pragmatist manager in football
Pep Guardiola has seen success at every club he has managed, but his managerial career began at Barcelona, where he created a team that was insurmountable in every competition. He failed to lead the Catalan giants to any victory in his debut campaign, and everyone questioned if he was a suitable coach to lead a major club like Barcelona.
Next season? Pep Guardiola won sextuple. But that time the Spanish powerhouse had one of the best players Lionel Messi, who played a starring role under Pep’s management.
But overall,Pep Guardiola made the five-time Champions League winner, the most dominant club, and they went on to beat legendary manager Alex Ferguson’s team Manchester United twice in Champions League finals.
They humiliated them in the 2010-11 Champions League final, but when Pep left the club’s supremacy started deteriorating. The 52-year-old took a break from management but returned back and this time he assumed control of the famous German club Bayern Munich.
There as usual he turned them into a club which was challenging to beat, although that was only in domestic cups. The Bavarians struggled to reach the final of Champions League despite reaching the semi-final thrice.
And after departing as their manager, he declared that his time at Bayern was fruitless and that it was time spent futilely in Germany.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top five most valuable squads in football
- Top 10 players with biggest rating upgrade in EA FC 24
- Ranking the favourites to win Best FIFA Men’s Player Award 2023
- Top five favourites to win Serie A 2023-24 based on odds
- Top 10 footballers who were banned for doping
His next stop by was Manchester City, a team that didn’t have much reputation at the time because they had won the Premier League in 2012, but their history was rewritten when the former Barcelona manager took charge of them.
Pep Guardiola is not the type of coach who can produce results immediately, thus he would require players who are able to integrate into his system. At City, he had to overhaul their team and sign those players who can fit into his system.
In doing so, he transformed City into the most dominant team to play in the Premier League’s history, winning three straight titles in the process.
Even though City and Pep Guardiola won every domestic championship, the most coveted cup eluded them. Although he did assist them in 2020–21 in reaching the Champions League final, they fell short and succumbed to Chelsea 1-0.
But Pep Guardiola has another opportunity to give City a first-ever Champions League championship. And if they succeed, it will be the Spanish manager’s third Champions League championship.
So, let’s take a look at the number of trophies Pep Guardiola has won in his managerial career.
- LaLiga: 10-11, 09-10, 08-09
- UEFA Super Cup winner: 13-14, 11-12, 09-10
- Copa del Rey: 11-12, 08-09
- Spanish Super Cup winner: 11-12. 10-11, 09-10
- Champions League: 10-11, 08-09
- FIFA Club World Cup: 13-14, 11-12. 09-10
- Bundesliga: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
- DFB-Pokal: 2013–14, 2015–16
- UEFA Super Cup: 2013
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2013
- Premier League: 2017–18, 2018–19, 2020–21, 2021–22, 2022–23
- FA Cup: 2018–19, 2022-23
- EFL Cup: 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20, 2020–21
- FA Community Shield: 2018, 2019.
Last updated on 3 June 2023