Crystal Palace midfielder Cheick Doucoure out for six-months with Achilles injury
Cheick Doucoure will also miss AFCON 2023
Cheick Doucoure, a midfielder for Crystal Palace, may have to struggle to play once more this season after sustaining a catastrophic Achilles injury in the Luton defeat.
Roy Hodgson's team has suffered a severe blow as Mail Sport has revealed that their star midfielder might be out for up to six months.
Midway in the second half at Kenilworth Road, the Mali international was taken out on a stretcher, raising fears that he had suffered a catastrophic injury. And Doucoure will be out for months, realising Palace's worst nightmares.
The Africa Cup of Nations is also going to be missed by the 23-year-old.
Since moving from Lens to the Premier League this past campaign, Cheick Doucoure has established a bright reputation as one of the top up-and-coming central midfielders in the league.
Liverpool made an inquiry about him during the summer, but his £70 million asking price proved to be a roadblock to a possible Anfield transfer. However, he now has a long road to recuperation ahead of him.
Eze, however, was hauled off after receiving a knock a few moments earlier. He was able to leave the pitch on foot. The extent of the injuries sustained by the two midfield players will now worry Palace.
In the game, both players are essential to the team's success; Doucoure anchors the defence while Eze provides attacking inventiveness.
Later, Doucoure was observed donning a protective boot and walking out of the field on crutches.
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect
- Injury sidelines Kerala Blasters goalie Sachin Suresh for 'significant duration'
- Top five youngest players to score in 6 consecutive Premier League games