WATCH: Why fans cant buy Lewandowski shirts at the Barcelona megastore?
FC Barcelona have announced the signing of Polish goal machine Robert Lewandowski from Bayern Munich for a reported fee of £42.5m. The Barcelona faithful look more than excited at the prospect of Lewandowski leading the line for the club. But the fans are unable to buy Lewandowski shirts at the club's megastore due to a bizarre reason.
Lewandowski recorded 344 goals in 375 matches for Bayern Munich, winning multiple titles, Champions League and cups along the way. But decided to leave the German club this summer and made his intentions to join Barcelona early on. Despite the financial troubles at the club, the Blaugrana have managed to sign Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski, Leeds winger Raphinha, Andreas Christensen and Franck Kessié on free transfers. The club are also close to agreeing on a deal to sign Chelsea captain César Azpilicueta.
The Blaugrana are currently out on tour in the USA. They won their first game of pre-season 6-0 against David Beckham's Inter Miami. The 33-year-old was seen warming up with the team during the pre-match of the win over Inter Miami. But he was not involved in the game. He will be looking to make his debut against Barcelona's arch-rivals Real Madrid on 24th July.
But the fans back in Spain cant rock the 2022-23 Barcelona kits with Lewandowski's name on the back as the club's megastore have run out of the letter "W". The club will be hoping that the problem gets sorted out soon as it may lead to a loss in kit sales.
- Top four clubs Thomas Tuchel could manage after leaving Bayern Munich in summer 2024
- Top five managers who could replace Thomas Tuchel at Bayern Munich
- Europeans have started watching more Asian football now, asserts Madih Talal
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap