Tottenham will play their bitter rivals Arsenal in the North London Derby On Sunday evening
With Arsenal looking strong in every aspect, Tottenham has not been at its best and has struggled to win, which shouldn’t be the scenario against their opponent. In order to defeat Arsenal, Spurs will have to operate at the highest level possible.
While Arsenal is attempting to win their first title since 2004, their prior results indicate that they are the favourites in this match. However, the victory won’t come cheaply, so players shouldn’t be overly optimistic.
Kick-off: 10 pm (IST), 4:30 pm (GMT)
Tottenham form (all competition): L-W-D-L-W
Arsenal form (all competition): W-W-W-W-D
Players to watch
The England international’s World Cup penalty miss didn’t deter him, and he extended his goal-scoring streak in the Premier League’s first game after the World Cup. Kane has demonstrated his striking prowess and scored in many significant games for the Spurs when they have struggled to reach the back of the goal. Arsenal will be a terrific encounter, and the player should be ready to trouble their defence.
As a player and captain, Odegaard has developed into a fantastic midfielder. The Norwegian has frequently aided Gunner, and his ingenuity is constantly on display. He has been the club’s primary conductor and has controlled play from the park’s middle.
- Following their 3-1 win at Emirates, Arsenal are seeking to complete their double win in North London Derby for the first time since 2013-14.
- Since 1995 this is the earliest in a calendar year the North London Derby is played, and Tottenham won 1-0.
- Spurs striker, Harry Kane has scored in all games against Arsenal making him the highest scorer in derby with 14 goals.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top 10 best deals of January 2023 deadline day
- What is the Super Ballon d’Or and which footballers have won it?
- Top 10 highest spenders of the 2022-23 season
- Top 10 fastest Premier League players to score four hattricks
- Ranking the Most Valuable XI of 2022
- Top 10 clubs who spent most on transfers in single season
- Top 10 winter transfers to target in Fantasy Premier League 2022-23
Injury and team news
Dejan Kulusevski is anticipated to play after missing the previous three games. Richarlison and Rodrigo Bentancur won’t be able to compete and will have to pass a fitness test, but Lucas Moura will miss the game due to a tendon injury.
While Gabriel Jesus and Reiss Nelson are still sidelined with knee and thigh injuries, respectively, Bukayo Saka, who limped off in the FA Cup encounter against Oxford United, has since recovered.
Tottenham (3-4-2-1): Lloris; Romero, Dier, Lenglet; Doherty, Bissouma, Hojbjerg, Perisic; Kulusevski, Kane, Son
Arsenal (4-3-3): Ramsdale; White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko; Xhaka, Partey; Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli; Nketiah
The most anticipated North London Derby is creeping up, and neither club wants to drop points. Although Arsenal are in excellent form, a draw with Newcastle United demonstrated there is much room for improvement, which Spurs may take advantage of. However, the Gunners are ready and aim to maintain their lead at the top of the standings. While Arsenal will not be the victim of Tottenham’s early goals conceded followed by a comeback, the Spurs are not in the best of situations.
Prediction: Tottenham 2-3 Arsenal