ISL - FC Goa Fined INR 11 Crores and docked 15 points next season
FC Goa were facing the allegations of violating ISL Regulations namely for ‘boycotting match and league ceremony’, ‘public criticism and threatening match officials,’ ‘alleging that the match were fixed,’ and ‘non-adherence of League rules’.
The Regulatory Commission, chaired by Hon’ble Mr Justice D A Mehta (former judge, Gujarat High Court) consists of five independent eminent members from the legal, law enforcement and sports fraternity including, Hon’ble Mr Justice B N Mehta (former judge, Gujarat High Court); Mr D. Sivanandhan (former Director General of Police, Maharashtra); Mr. Vidushpat Singhania (legal professional and sports law expert) and Mr Kiran More (former Indian cricketer).
The Regulatory Commission members were unanimous in arriving at the verdict and sanctioned the following:
- Mr. Dattaraj Salgaocar shall be banned from associating with any activity pertaining to ISL matches (including entering stadium) for three (3) ISL seasons.
- Mr. Srinivas Dempo shall be banned from associating with any activity pertaining to ISL matches (including entering stadium) for two (2) ISL seasons.
- FC Goa team shall be docked 15 (fifteen) points in the next ISL season.
- A sum of Rs 10 crore (Rupees Ten Crores Only) shall be paid by FC Goa to FSDL towards penalty / fine as well as costs.
- A sum of Rs 1 crore (Rupees One Crore Only) shall be paid by FC Goa to Chennaiyin FC towards costs.
The Regulatory Commission, having heard the parties at length ruled out FC Goa’s claims on ‘Double Jeopardy’ and ISL Regulatory Commissions’ lack of ‘Jurisdiction’.
All the parties have the option to exercise their right to appeal under the ISL League rules to the ISL Appeals Panel comprising of Hon’ble former Chief Justice of Bombay High Court Mr. Kshitij R Vyas.
Published: 2016-05-06 13:47:52