As the prolific goalscorer becomes the first player ever to score in three successive Champions League Finals we bring you his 10 other insane stats you won’t believe….
Cristiano Ronaldo reached the pinnacle of club football once again as he ushered Real Madrid to their third UEFA Champions League title in FOUR years and their second consecutive one, making them the only team in Champions League history to do so. Even at the age of 32 when most players lose their grip on the game, he is still tearing up oppositions defenses and has seemingly become even more clinical as the years have passed on.
Even if him scoring in three successive Champions League Finals might seem shocking, it’s peanuts compared to some of his other insane goalscoring stats which show how he’s the deadliest marksman in the history of the game. Signing him for £80m from Manchester United seems like a bargain for Real at this time with CR7 breaking all kinds of records after arriving at the club. We take a look at the 10 INSANE Cristiano Ronaldo goalscoring stats you wouldn’t believe.
- Has Scored In Double Figures For The Past SIX Seasons In The Champions League
Ronaldo has been an absolute marvel for Real Madrid in the Champions League for the past six seasons! He scored 10 goals in the 2011/12 campaign, 12 in 2012/13, 17 in 2013/14, 10 in 2014/15, 16 in 2015/16 and 12 more in 2016/17!
- Most hat-tricks in La Liga History!
Having arrived in Spain in 2009, Ronaldo blended into the Spanish league and became it’s most potent goalscorer ever! He holds the record for most hat-tricks in La Liga history with 32 scoredover eight years so far!
- The First Player To Score 100+ Goals In European Competition
Ronaldo became the first player ever to have scored 100 goals(at 106 right now) in European competition history and he doesn’t look like stopping anytime soon!
- Portugal’s All-Time Top Goalscorer
Cristiano Ronaldo has not only been a marvel for Real Madrid, but for his country of Portugal too. Having ushered them to a remarkable Euro 2016 win last year, Ronaldo also became his country’s all-time leading goalscorer at 71 goals scored for country in only 138 appearances.
- Has Scored The Most Headed Goals In Champions League History
One of Cristiano Ronaldo’s most potent goal-scoring weapons have been his incredible headers, which have themselves gotten him 18 goals in the Champions League which is the most by any player in it’s history!
- Has Scored More Champions League Goals Than Atletico Madrid And A.S. Roma have in the entire history!
Now this is a crazy stat which proves how insane Ronaldo’s goalscoring records truly are. He has scored 106 goals in the Champions League which is more than Atletico Madrid(100), Benfica(98) and A.S. Roma(98) have in their entire history!
- Scored 20+ Goals In Each Of His Eight Seasons With Real Madrid
Ronaldo has won the FIFA Balon d’Or while at Real Madrid three times in his career, as he took to the club like fish to water and has been on a goalscoring rampage ever since. He has scored 20+ goals for Madrid in every one of his eight seasons with the club! How shocking is it to even think that some “fans” boo him at the Santiago Bernabeu with stats like these!
- Has Scored Most Goals In Semi-Finals In European Competition history
This stat proves just how big of a “big game player” Ronaldo really is, as he has scored 13 goals in the semi-finals of European competition. This includes the CL and European Championships and this shows how Ronaldo thrives under the pressure of the biggest games.
- The First Player To Score Against All 19 Teams In A Single La Liga Season The 2011/12 season was a spectacular one for Ronaldo, as he not only won his first La Liga title but also made a distinct record of having scored against ALL 19 opponents in La Liga that season. He ended up with 46 goals and was an absolute terror for every single opponent that season.
- Scored The Most Goals In Knockout Stages In The Champions League Ronaldo has found the Champions League to be his favourite hunting ground for almost a decade now, as he loves to score when it really matters. CR7 has scored an incredible 54 goals in the knockout stages of the Champions League, being the only player to score over 50 in it’s history and leading the goalscoring charts of the KO rounds by a mile.