Calangute Association is a outcome of a merger between two of the oldest clubs in the village of Calangute namely Centro e Recreativo Eutrapelia known as Eutrapelia Club founded in January 1954 and the Calangute Gymkhana founded in 1966. In October 1961 the last Governor of Goa Gen. Vassalo Silva visited Calangute to oversee the development in the village
He visited the premises at Calangute of Eutrapelia Club. During the reception given to him at Caravela bar at the beach he told the committee members to arrange for a suitable plot for the club and he would sanction a grant of 40,000.00 to put up “Casa De Povo” which translates to club hall. Eutrapalia Club had in assets of plot measuring 2100 square meters. This was gifted to the new club upon its formation.
The initiative in the formation of this club goes to the dedicated efforts of member of both clubs, who called a special general meeting in May 1972 an election was held to form an Ad Hoc Committee to bring out a Merger.