Asian Games 2023: Babu Lal, Lekh Ram win bronze in coxless, men’s coxed-eight rowing team take silver
This was India’s third medal in rowing in the ongoing competition.
India has achieved remarkable success in rowing, securing multiple medals in recent competitions, including Asian Games 2023. Following a commendable performance that resulted in a silver medal in the men’s lightweight double sculls event, India’s rowing team has added two more medals to its tally at the Asian Games 2023.
Firstly, Babu Lal Yadav and Lekh Ram secured a well-deserved bronze in the men’s pair final. Additionally, the men’s eight rowing team showcased their exceptional skills and determination, earning a silver medal in the final.
Babu Lal Yadav and Lekh Ram attained the third position in the race, achieving a time of 6:50.41s. Meanwhile, Hong Kong and Uzbekistan secured the first and second positions respectively, with timings of 6:44.20s and 6:48.11s.
Then the Indian men’s eight rowing team earned the prestigious silver medal at the Asian Games 2023. With a remarkable time of 5:43.01, India secured the second position, a mere 2.84 seconds behind the gold medalists from China in this highly competitive race.
India’s men’s eight team, led by Neeraj at the bow position, initially secured the third position after completing the first 1000 meters. Nonetheless, a commendable display of strength and determination towards the latter part of the race elevated their standing from a potential bronze to a well-deserved silver finish.
Indian Sports Live Coverage on Khel Now
- Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship 2023: Ahmedabad Defenders vs Sir Sicoma Perugia Live Updates
- Gold Coast drops Commonwealth Games 2026 bid, leaving CGF in crisis
- Ashwini Ponnappa-Tanisha Crasto climb four spots to enter top 30 in women’s doubles BWF rankings
- Vaishali Rameshbabu becomes India’s third female chess grandmaster
- National Shooting Championships 2023: Anantjeet Singh Naruka, Sift Kaur Samra win gold
- Satwik-Chirag climb to world No. 2 in Latest BWF Rankings
- Indian U-19 women’s table tennis team clinch bronze at ITTF World Youth Championships 2023
- Sheetal Devi becomes World No. 1 para archer in latest World Archery rankings
- List of Indian athletes to have secured qualification for Paris Olympics 2024
Neeraj, Naresh Kalwaniya, Neetish Kumar, Charanjeet Singh, Jaswinder Singh, Bheem Singh, Punit Kumar and Ashish are the eight individuals who achieved the second-place position on behalf of the nation.
On the opening day of the event, India accomplished an impressive feat in rowing, securing three medals. Furthermore, the nation’s total medal count rises to five after Ramita, Mehuli Ghosh and Ashi Chouksey clinching a silver in the women’s team 10m Air Rifle competition and Ramita Jindal winning a bronze in the women’s 10m Air Rifle competition.
India’s medal tally in Asian Games 2023
- Silver – 3
- Bronze – 2