Jeswin Aldrin creates new National Record in men’s long jump at Indian Open
Earlier this year, he also created an Indoor National Record with a record 7.97m jump at the Asian Indoor Athletics Championships.
Jeswin Aldrin has created a new NR (National Record) in the men’s Long Jump after registering a distance of 8.42m at the 2nd Indian Open Jumps Competition in Bellary, Karnataka. Earlier this year, Jeswin broke the Indoor National Record registering 7.97m at the Asian Indoor Athletic Championships. The previous NR was created by Murali Sreesankar registering 8.36m at the National Federation Cup in April last year.
The 21-year-old from Tamil Nadu started the 2023 season on a positive note claiming the silver medal at the 10th Asian Indoor Athletics Championships, Nur-Sultan.
Aldrin registered his personal best of 8.26m at the National Federation Cup, 2022. After a string of poor performances in mid-2023, the youngster bounced back and claimed the gold medal at the National Games registering a PB mark and also ending the 2022 season on a bright note.
Also, Aldrin did not commit many fouls in the event. He registered five foul jumps at the Inter-State Championships last year and four foul jumps at the Asian Indoor Athletic Championships earlier this year.
Anees Yahiya failed to cross the 8.00m mark and finished the Indian Open Jumps event with a best jump of 7.85m while his statemate Sreeshankar Murali did not participate in the competition.
Indian Sports Live Coverage on Khel Now
- Annu Rani becomes first Indian women’s javelin thrower to win gold at Asian Games
- Parul Chaudhary becomes first Indian woman to win 5000m gold at Asian Games
- Tejaswin Shankar sets new national record in decathlon to win silver in Asian Games 2023
- Who is Palak Gulia? – Meet the newly crowned Asian Games gold medallist shooter
- Who is Ashi Chouksey? Facts about the multiple medallist at Asian Games 2023
- Discover the art of Wushu: A fusion of combat, performance, and Chinese martial art
- Who is Anush Agarwalla, the newest star of Indian equestrian?
- Top five Indian athletes with most medals won in single edition of Asian Games
- Asian Games 2023: Full list of updated Indian medal winners, medal tally
- Asian Games 2023: India schedule, results, live streaming and telecast details
Jeswin Aldrin’s Progression since 2022
Indian Grand Prix, Trivandrum – 8.20m
National Federation Cup, Thenhipalam – 8.26m (heats) and 8.37m* (finals)
Inter-State Championships, Chennai – 7.51m
World Athletic Championships, Eugene – 7.78m
Golden Fly Series – 8.12m
National Games, Gujarat – 8.26m
Asian Indoor Athletic Championships, Nur-Sultan – 7.97m
Apart from Jeswin, Tajinderpal Singh Toor also started his outdoor season on a bright not winning the men’s shot put even registering 19.95m (Meet Record). Kishore Kumar Jena from Odisha claimed the gold medal in the men’s Javelin throw registering a distance of 78.93 (personal best). None of the top five athletes took part in the men’s Javelin.