Bahamas to host World Athletics Relays Nassau 2024
The qualification event for Paris Olympics will take place on May 4-5.
The qualification system for the World Athletics Relays Nassau 2024 has been released.
The Bahamian capital, which hosted the first three editions of the World Relays, will once again welcome the world’s best sprinters on 4-5 May 2024 as countries compete for relay places at the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.
The programme for Nassau comprises five relay disciplines – men’s and women’s 4x100m and 4x400m, plus the mixed 4x400m – and 32 teams will be entered in each of those.
Top eight teams in each discipline at the World Athletics Championships Budapest 23 will automatically earn entry to the World Athletics Relays Nassau 2024. The host country may also enter one team in each discipline, regardless of any entry conditions.
Indian Sports Live Coverage on Khel Now
- Neeraj Chopra withdraws from FBK Games in Hengelo with muscle injury
- Avinash Sable finishes 10th in men’s 3000m steeplechase at Rabat Diamond League
- Olympic champion Neeraj Chopra reacts to protesting wrestlers being detained by Delhi Police
- HS Prannoy defeats Weng Yang to claim maiden BWF World Tour title at Malaysia Masters 2023
- Asian Games 2022: List of Indian athletes to have secured qualification
- Who after Neeraj Chopra? Top five exciting Indian prospects to cross 80m mark in javelin throw
- Badminton: Why doubles event is India’s best medal hope at Paris Olympics 2024?
The remaining teams (up to 32) will be determined through the top lists in the qualification period (1 January 2023 to Sunday 7 April 2024). Starting 1 October 2023, World Athletics will maintain a weekly list of relay teams qualified according to the above.
The top 14 teams at the World Athletics Relays Nassau 2024 will automatically qualify for places at the Paris 2024 Olympic Games. Teams will have two opportunities to qualify in Nassau; if they’re unsuccessful on day one, another chance will be provided on day two.
The remaining two places in each relay discipline will be awarded based on top lists during the qualification period (31 December 2022 – 30 June 2024).
For more updates, follow Khel Now on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and join our community on Telegram.