Singapore Open 2023 Semi-Finals Highlights: An Se Young, Akane Yamaguchi reach singles final
Hello and welcome to the Khel Now live blog for the Singapore Open 2023 semi-Finals! Stay tuned for live updates as players eye a place in the finals.
Singapore Open 2023 Semi-Finals Schedule
WD: Chen Qing Chen/Jia Yi Fan vs Li We Mei/Liu Xuan Xuan
WS: Akane Yamaguchi vs Chen Yu Fei
XD: Kim Won Ho/Jeong Na Eun vs Mathias Christiansen/Alexandra Boje
WD: Zhang Shu Xian/Zheng Yu vs Baek Ha Na/Lee So Hee
WS: Tai Tzu Ying vs An Se Young
XD: Chen Tang Jie/Toh Ee Wei vs Yuta Watanabe/Arisa Higashino
MS: Anders Antonsen vs Kodai Naraoka
MD: Liang Wei Keng/Wang Chang vs Aaron Chia/Soh Wooi Yik
MS: Kunlavut Vitidsarn vs Anthony Sinisuka Ginting
MD: Takuro Hoki/Yugo Kobayashi vs Choi Sol Gyu/Kim Won Ho
Kodai Naraoka, Kunlavut Vitidsarn, Anders Antonsen and Anthony Sinisuka Ginting advanced to the semi-finals of the Singapore Open.
While third seed Kodai Naraoka of Japan beat China’s Shi Yu Qi in straight games (21-14, 21-16), Thailand’s Kunlavut Vitidsarn overcame the in-form Christo Popov of France 21-13, 21-17 to make the semis in men’s singles.
Indonesia’s Anthony Sinisuka recovered well to beat China’s Li Shi Feng in three games. The second-seeded Indonesian won 13-21, 21-16, 12-21. In the final men’s singles match of the day, Anders Antonsen beat Taipei’s Chai Hao Lee 12-21, 13-21, 11-21.
Indian Sports Live Coverage on Khel Now
- Asian Games 2023 Opening Ceremony Live Updates
- Asian Games 2023: Updated India schedule for September 23
- Asian Games 2023, September 22 Updated Results: Indian volleyball team march into quarters; table tennis teams make winning start
- Indian table tennis teams make winning start to Asian Games 2023
- Asian Games 2023: Sports Minister Anurag Thakur cancels China trip after Arunachal Pradesh players denied visa
- Asian Games 2023: India men’s volleyball team defeat Chinese Taipei, through to quarterfinals
- Indian men’s basketball team go down fighting against Qatar in FIBA U-16 Asian Championship 2023 pre-quarters
- Asian Games 2023: India schedule, results, live streaming and telecast details
Korea’s An Se Young made yet another semi-finals with a straightforward win over Wan Zhi Yi of China. The second-seeded Korean won the clash 21-18, 21-18. She will not meet Chinese Taipei’s Tai Tzu Ying, who beat He Bing Jiao 21-16, 21-11. The third-seeded Ying had little trouble against her fifth-seeded opponent.
In the other two women’s singles semis, top-seed Akane Yamaguchi defeated compatriot Aya Ohori 21-18, 19-21, 21-16. while, China’s Chen Yu Fei beat Supanida Katethong 21-18, 21-15.