Hong Kong Open 2023 Semifinals Highlights: Akane Yamaguchi advances into final, Anthony Ginting crashes out
Hello and welcome to Khel Now’s live blog for the BWF Hong Kong Open 2023 semifinals! Wait for the live blog to load.
Hong Kong Open 2023 semifinals schedule
WS: Akane Yamaguchi vs Gregoria Mariska Tunjung
WD: Benpaya Aimsaard/Nuntakarn Aimsaard vs Pearly Ten/Thinaah Muralitharan
WS: Goh Jin Wei vs Zhang Yi Man
MD: Leo Rolly Carnando/Daniel Mathin vs Lee Yang/Wang Chi-Lin
WD: Maiken Freuergaard/Sara Thygesen vs Apriyani Rahayu/Siti Fadia Silva Ramadhanti
MD: Kim Astrup/Anders Skaarup Rasmussen vs Mohammad Ahasan/Hendra Setiawan
MS: Jonatan Christie vs NG Tze Yong
XD: Goh Soon Huat/Lai Shevon Jemie vs Tang Chun Man/Tse Ying Suet
MS: Kenta Nishimoto vs Anthony Sinisuka Ginting
XD: Guo Xin Wa/Wei Ya Xin vs Hiroki Midorikawa/Natsu Saito
Indian Sports Live Coverage on Khel Now
- Asian Games 2023 Opening Ceremony Live Updates
- Asian Games 2023: Updated India schedule for September 23
- Asian Games 2023, September 22 Updated Results: Indian volleyball team march into quarters; table tennis teams make winning start
- Indian table tennis teams make winning start to Asian Games 2023
- Asian Games 2023: Sports Minister Anurag Thakur cancels China trip after Arunachal Pradesh players denied visa
- Asian Games 2023: India men’s volleyball team defeat Chinese Taipei, through to quarterfinals
- Indian men’s basketball team go down fighting against Qatar in FIBA U-16 Asian Championship 2023 pre-quarters
- Asian Games 2023: India schedule, results, live streaming and telecast details
India’s Exit at Hong Kong Open 2023
India’s campaign at the ongoing BWF Hong Kong Open 2023 came to an end as the remaining two doubles pair suffered defeats in the pre-quarterfinals. Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopichand who put up a good show on the opening day did not have a good encounter in the Round of 16 losing to Indonesia’s Apriyani Rahayu/Siti Fadi Silva Ramadhanti in straight games (8-21, 14-21).
On the other hand, another women’s doubles pairing of Tanisha Crasto and Ashwini Ponnappa suffered a straight games defeat to top seed Mayu Matsumoto/ Wakana Nagahara (18-21, 7-21). In the opening round, the newly formed pair registered an upset by getting the better of WR-21 Chinese Taipei pair, but couldn’t manage to cross the following round hurdle.
The young pair had a good start to the opening (8-6) but lost plot closer to the mid game interval (10-11). They were in the game till the end but the top seeds were good enough to take the opener. The Japanese pair had a two-point advantage throughout the game post mid-game interval and with experience comfortably took the game.
However, the top seeds did not receive much threat in the second as they pierced through the opponents within few minutes (21-7).
Top ranked Indian women’s doubles pair, Treesa/ Gayatri are having a lean patch post the heroics at the All England Championships. They were of no match against the Indonesian pairing today. With this India’s campaign at Hong Kong Open 2023 came to end. For the second consecutive week none of the Indian shuttler progressed through to the quarterfinals on the BWF World Tour.