All England Open 2024: Satwik-Chirag to lead India’s challenge as top seeds
(Courtesy : BAI)
HS Prannoy is seeded 7th in men’s singles
The Indian badminton duo of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty will lead the country’s challenge at the prestigious All England Open 2024, starting from March 12 in Birmingham. The world number one pair, who won the Asian Games gold medal are among the favourites to lift the coveted title.
Satwik and Chirag have been in sublime form this season, reaching back-to-back finals at the Malaysia Open and the India Open. Indian pair will be keen to claim their maiden Super 1000 title at the All England.
Meanwhile, HS Prannoy will spearhead the Indian challenge in the men’s singles event, where he has been seeded seventh. The world number seven who won the bronze medals at the Asian Games and the BWF World Championships last year will look to claim his maiden title in Birmingham.
Prannoy has been struggling with his form and fitness this season, having lost in the first round of the Malaysia Open. He will look to bounce back and better his performance 2023 all England Open championships, where he reached the Round of 16, losing to Anthony Sinisuka Ginting.
The other Indian men’s singles players in the fray are Kidambi Srikanth, Lakshya Sen and Priyanshu Rajawat, who have not gone past Quarterfinals this season.
Indian Sports Live Coverage on Khel Now
- Sports Ministry suspends Paralympic Committee of India for violating Sports Code
- India takes 2-0 lead over Pakistan in Davis Cup 2024 World Group I play-off
- Thailand Masters 2024: Ashmita Chaliha’s dream run ends with defeat against Supanida Katethong in women’s singles semis
- All England Open 2024: Satwik-Chirag to lead India’s challenge as top seeds
- Indian Sports Calendar 2024: Major events to look forward to in February
- HS Prannoy climbs a spot to seventh in latest BWF rankings
- List of Indian athletes to have secured qualification for Paris Olympics 2024
In the women’s singles event, PV Sindhu will be the lone Indian representative. The world number twelve, who has won 5 of championship medal will look to start afresh after the Injury.
In the Women’s doubles event, two Indian pairs will be in action with Tanisha Crasto/ Ashwini Ponnappa and Gayatri Gopichand/Treesa Jolly.
Indian Contingent for All England Open 2024
- HS Prannoy
- Priyanshu Rajawat
- Kidambi Srikanth
- Lakshya Sen
- PV Sindhu
- Satwik Sairaj Rankireddy/Chirag Shetty
- Gayatri Gopichand/Treesa Jolly
- Tanisha Crasto/ Ashwini Ponnappa
- Full list of Indian medallists, India's medal tally at BWF Para Badminton World Championships 2024
- Badminton Asia Team Championships 2024 Finals Highlights: India defeat Thailand to win first-ever title
- Badminton Asia Team Championships 2024 updated schedule, fixtures, results, live streaming details
- Badminton Asia Team Championships 2024 Semifinals Highlights: Indian women's team upset Japan to reach maiden final
- Who is Anmol Kharb? Five facts to know about India's latest teenage badminton sensation