Hyderabad FC goalie Laxmikant Kattimani out for the rest of the season
(Courtesy : ISL Media)
The custodian will be a huge loss for the defending champions.
Hyderabad FC confirms that Laxmikant Kattimani will no longer play a part in the ongoing ISL 2022-23 season. The custodian is out for the rest of the campaign due to a knee injury. He picked up the injury during the Indian Super League contest against Jamshedpur FC on 9 November 2022 at the JRD Tata Sports Complex, Jamshedpur.
Laxmikant Kattimani is a significant player in the Hyderabad FC line-up. Before his injury, the goalkeeper kept four clean sheets in six matches of the 2022-23 season. The custodian signed a two-year contract extension earlier this year with the Nizams. However, an unfortunate knee injury will keep him away from action for the remainder of the season.
Last Season’s Hero
Hyderabad FC won the Indian Super League Trophy last year against all expectations. The outfit was able to win its first-ever major trophy after heroics from Laxmikant Kattimani in the final against Kerala Blasters. After all, the 33-year-old made three penalty saves in the shootout to help his team emerge as champions.
🚨 Update!Goalkeeper Laxmikant Kattimani is ruled out for the remainder of the season after picking up a knee injury in the game against Jamshedpur FC!We wish him a speedy recovery 🙏#WeAreHFC #మనహైదరాబాద్ #HyderabadFC pic.twitter.com/UuykkJHSSf— Hyderabad FC (@HydFCOfficial) November 24, 2022
Manolo Marquez’s team is a difficult unit to defeat. In the first seven matches of the 2022-23 season, the Nizams have won five, drawn one and lost one. The positive start was possible due to Laxmikant Kattimani and his chemistry with the backline. Losing him for the rest of the season due to injury is a massive blow to HFC’s ambitions of defending its title.
Players like Anuj Kumar and Gurmeet Singh must use this opportunity and help Hyderabad FC defend the crown. The extent of Kattimani’s injury may compel HFC to act in the winter transfer window and bring in an experienced player between the posts.
However, few goalkeepers possess the experience that Laxmikant Kattimani brings to the table. He was part of FC Goa’s line-up in the inaugural season of the ISL. Across multiple seasons, he has played 87 matches in the league.
- Germany midfielder Toni Kroos set to come out of international retirement ahead of Euro 2024
- Brazil defender Dani Alves sentenced to four and a half years in jail over sexual assault in Barcelona
- ''Jurgen Klopp will not coach any club or national team for a year'' confirms agent
- India announce squad for Turkish Women's Cup 2024
- Top five highest scorers in the ISL of all time
- Top four Manchester United players to score in six consecutive Premier League matches
- Top 10 most valuable teams in MLS 2024
- Top 10 best forwards to watch out for in MLS 2024
- Top four clubs Thomas Tuchel could manage after leaving Bayern Munich in summer 2024
- Top five managers who could replace Thomas Tuchel at Bayern Munich