7:00 PM: Hello everyone and welcome to Khel Now’s LIVE COVERAGE of the Bengaluru FC vs Hyderabad FC match in the Indian Super League (ISL) 2022-23. The kick-off is just half an hour away! I’m your host Amanul Akhtar, and I’ll be keeping you company through what promises a fascinating evening of football. Please wait for 30 Seconds for the Live blog to load.
- Preview: High-flying Hyderabad visit rejuvenated Bengaluru FC
- Simon Grayson hints possible transfer activities in January
- Manolo Marquez: The format of the ISL is not very clear
Bengaluru FC vs Hyderabad FC: Build-up
The second half of the ISL 2022-23 season promises to be a sprint to the finish for all 11 teams. With six sides making it to the playoffs this season, each game becomes a must-win in the latter half of the season. Teams in the top will want to build a comfortable buffer to the teams in the middle and bottom, who will fight hard to make it to the top six. Bengaluru FC and Hyderabad FC are on two ends of the spectrum as they face off at the Kanteerava.
A win against Jamshedpur has filled the Blues with belief. They are currently in eighth, eight points behind FC Goa in sixth. Going on a run of point-scoring will reduce the gap with leaders Mumbai City (as of now). This is a crucial juncture in BFC’s underwhelming season. They have the tools to turn things around and facing off against the might of Hyderabad at home can be the starting point for a spectacular turnaround.
Indian Football Trending Articles:
- Ratings: Anirudh Thapa scores as India edge out Myanmar in close game
- Debutant Naorem Mahesh ‘big surprise’ for India coach Igor Stimac in win over Myanmar
- India ride on Anirudh Thapa’s solitary goal to beat Myanmar
- India to host SAFF Championship in June 2023
- Five reasons why Northeast should host more Indian national team games
While the goals have come at a premium for Hyderabad, their defence has been the best in the league. Only six goals conceded in 10 matches has been the prime reason for the defending champions sitting in second place with 22 points. They enter the fixture with two wins on the trot, and a third win will place them on the top of the table.
For more updates, follow Khel Now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and join our community on Telegram.
Leave a Reply