7:00 PM: Hello everyone and welcome to Khel Now’s LIVE COVERAGE of the East Bengal vs Bengaluru FC match in the Indian Super League (ISL) 2022-23. The kick-off is just half an hour away! I’m your host Sattyik Sarkar, and I’ll be keeping you company through what promises a fascinating evening of football. Please wait for 30 Seconds for the Live blog to load.
- Preview: East Bengal eye league double over Bengaluru FC
- Stephen Constantine: Knowing that East Bengal can beat a team as Bengaluru gives us confidence
- Simon Grayson: We respect every opponent but don’t fear them
East Bengal vs Bengaluru FC: Build-up
East Bengal will begin their second half of the league season on Friday by taking on Bengaluru FC at Kolkata. The Red & Golds won the previous encounter between these two sides at Bengaluru. They will definitely like to repeat their performance from that game and get a few points to stay aloof for a top-six finish. The Kolkata-based side has lost their last two games, with the previous one being a 3-0 humiliation at the hands of Mumbai City at home. Hence, in their consecutive home game, the side would like to bounce back to register a win.
Bengaluru FC are having a similar campaign to East Bengal. The Blues have managed to win only three games out of their 11 and have drawn once. After winning a game against Jamshedpur FC, the side again lost their might against Hyderabad. The Nizams humbled Bengaluru in the game by scoring three goals without conceding once.
Indian Football Trending Articles:
- AIFF Roadmap Simplified: What are the objectives for the National Teams
- From grassroots to national teams, key highlights of AIFF Strategic Roadmap
- Top 4 in Asia, creating global star underpin AIFF’s strategic roadmap
- Puitea signs long-term deal with ATK Mohun Bagn; to join on 1st Jan
- Read what Alberto Noguera said about Ahmed Jahouh & Apuia
- Amrinder Singh reveals what compelled him to join Odisha FC
Three points are very essential for the Kolkata side if they want to pursue a top-six finish. The fact that East Bengal have defeated Bengaluru FC once in the league will provide the side some inspiration. Stephen Constantine would like his men to repeat their performance from that game to ensure yet another win against their old rivals from the I-League days.
Bengaluru FC shall also be eyeing revenge against the Kolkata Giants for their first-leg defeat. They are aware of the poor home form of the Red & Golds. Hence, it would not be a surprise to see Grayson’s men go all-out against East Bengal right from the first whistle.