5:00 PM: Hello everyone and welcome to Khel Now’s LIVE COVERAGE of the Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin FC match in the Indian Super League (ISL) 2022-23. The kick-off is just half an hour away! I’m your host Amanul Akhtar, and I’ll be keeping you company through what promises a fascinating evening of football. Please wait for 30 Seconds for the Live blog to load.
- Preview: Chennaiyin FC aim to halt Mumbai City’s unbeaten run
- Challenge is to get better for second half of season, says Mumbai City coach Des Buckingham
- Thomas Brdaric provides important injury update on El Khayati
Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin FC: Build-up
Mumbai City will square off against Chennaiyin FC at the Mumbai Football Arena (MFA) on Saturday for their 11th match of the ongoing ISL 2022-23 season. The Islanders thrashed East Bengal 3-0 in the previous fixture whereas the Marina Machans played out a 1-1 draw against the Kerala Blasters on Monday.
Halfway into the season, Des Buckingham’s men are still unbeaten and have garnered 24 points with seven victories and three draws in 10 encounters. Chennaiyin are placed seventh and have a fair work to do in the second half of the season to bridge the five-point gap between them and Odisha to break into the coveted top-six spots.
Indian Football Trending Articles:
- AIFF Roadmap Simplified: What are the objectives for the National Teams
- From grassroots to national teams, key highlights of AIFF Strategic Roadmap
- Top 4 in Asia, creating global star underpin AIFF’s strategic roadmap
- Puitea signs long-term deal with ATK Mohun Bagn; to join on 1st Jan
- Read what Alberto Noguera said about Ahmed Jahouh & Apuia
- Amrinder Singh reveals what compelled him to join Odisha FC
Mumbai have been relentless in their pursuit of regaining their hands on the ISL title so far. They have looked flawless and a class apart from the rest of the teams. At this stage, the side just needs to be wary of not letting complacency creep into the setup.
Chennaiyin have shown glimpses of their potential, but inconsistency has marred their campaign until now. They absolutely hammered NorthEast United 7-3 before being held to a 1-1 draw against the Blasters recently. They side certainly has the talent in its ranks to produce the goods in a flamboyant fashion but the coach must ensure that this potential doesn’t remain unfulfilled in the remaining half of the season.