The Cityzens return to Premier League duty on Wednesday night, when they take on The Whites.
Manchester City intends to win their third Premier League title in a row, and Guardiola’s men are aiming to close the season off on a high note. Although the Champions League will be a primary consideration for Manchester City, they have dominated the competition under the tutelage of the Spanish manager, and are now third on the table, five points adrift of the summit.
Jesse Marsh averted Leeds from relegation on the final day of the season, and they now find themselves in the same predicament. Although there has been no development under him, and a loss to Manchester City might tumble them to 18th place.
Kick-off: 1:30 am (IST), 8 pm (GMT)
Leeds United form (all competition): L-W-W-L-L
Manchester City form (all competition): W-W-W-L-W
Player to watch
Kevin De Bruyne
It’s fairly clear who is Manchester City’s heartbeat, who knows every flaw and can tear down any team with a single pass. His intelligence is flawless, and the bar he has raised for himself is tremendous; he is one of the best midfielders in the Premier League.
The youngster was in great form before the World Cup 2022 break. The youngster has scored 4 goals in the Premier League this term and will be looking to continue his great form after the restart.
- In the 2021-22 season, Leeds conceded a total of 11 goals against Manchester City.
- Leeds have not won the last seven home games against the reigning Champions, since a 1-0 victory over Arsenal In 1999.
- Having lost against Brentford, Man City will avoid losing a consecutive game since 2018.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top 10 best deals of January 2023 deadline day
- What is the Super Ballon d’Or and which footballers have won it?
- Top 10 highest spenders of the 2022-23 season
- Top 10 fastest Premier League players to score four hattricks
- Ranking the Most Valuable XI of 2022
- Top 10 clubs who spent most on transfers in single season
- Top 10 winter transfers to target in Fantasy Premier League 2022-23
Injury and team news
Leeds have a lengthy list of players who are unavailable, including Taylor Adams, who is serving a suspension. Luis Sinisterra’s foot injury and Stuart Dallas’s thigh injury have both kept them out for an extended period of time, while Illan Meslier. Patrick Bamford and Mateusz Klich are both unwell, and the list goes on. Despite the fact that Marsh has enough players to field his XI.
City appears to be injury-free, with only Alvarez missing out owing to his World Cup celebrations, and Kalvin Phillips being overweight and unavailable to play. The rest of the team appears to be fit to participate.
Leeds United: 43
Manchester City: 47
Leeds predicted linup (4-2-3-1):
Meslier; Kristensen, Llorente, Koch, Struijk; Forshaw, Roca; Harrison, Aaronson, Summerville; Rodrigo.
Manchester City predicted lineup (4-3-3):
Ederson; Walker, Stones, Laporte, Cancelo; De Bruyne, Rodri, Bernardo; Mahrez, Haaland, Foden.
Manchester City have a multitude of quality players who can swing the tide of a game, and Haaland is more ready and fine than ever, as seen by his strike against Liverpool in the Carabao Cup. It will take something special to stop Manchester City, and they will easily overwhelm Leeds in this meeting.
Prediction: Leeds United 1-4 Manchester City