Brentford entertains the Reds in a Premier League match on Monday evening.
Thomas Frank’s Brentford has started their post-World Cup campaign with a roar, drawing and winning both games as they face Liverpool. The squad has played exciting football, and a 2-1 triumph before the World Cup has undoubtedly set a precedent that they should not be outweighed, with Ivan Toney being particularly effective in front of goal.
While Liverpool were fortunate to win 2-1, and even more dramatic was that none of the goals was contributed by Liverpool players, Wout Faes’ two own goals served the purpose for the Merseysiders as they aim to finish in the top four in the Premier League and now face a daunting game away.
Kick-off: 11 pm (IST), 5:30 pm(GMT)
Brentford form (all competition): W-D-D-L-L
Liverpool form (all competition): L-L-L-W-W
Players to watch
As Klopp observed, Nunez was reminiscent of a young Lewandowski, who used to be like the Uruguayan, and was not proficient in front of goal and squandered many opportunities when he was younger. Though, gradually developed into one of Europe’s most ruthless strikers. Despite not scoring goals, Nunez has had a tremendous influence on Liverpool. He blew several opportunities but constantly troubled the Leicester defence, which they couldn’t stop, and once Nunez finds his goal-scoring inclinations, he will be destructive.
Since being left out of England’s World Cup team, Ivan Toney has transformed into a fresh player, scoring in the last three Premier League games. His poacher tendencies will eventually force him to join a large club once his contract ends since he is a goal-getter for the Bees.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top 10 best deals of January 2023 deadline day
- What is the Super Ballon d’Or and which footballers have won it?
- Premier League Team of the Year 2022
- Top 10 fastest Premier League players to score four hattricks
- Ranking the Most Valuable XI of 2022
- Top 10 clubs who spent most on transfers in single season
- Top 10 winter transfers to target in Fantasy Premier League 2022-23
- Darwin Nunez has had 23 shots on target in five Premier League games, trying one every 17 minutes, but has only converted two of them.
- Liverpool won 23 games out of 49 matches in January (47%), their lowest win rate under German management.
- Brentford Community Stadium forward Ivan Toney has been personally involved in 16 Premier League goals in 19 appearances (12 goals, 4 assists).
Injury and team news
Ivan Toney is questionable for the game after being stretchered off against West Ham. And Brentford will be hoping that its injured players, Kristoffer Ajer and Aron Hickey, recover in time for the encounter.
Harvey Elliot and Andy Roberston both picked up knocks against Leicester and will be tested before the Brentford trip. While Fabinho missed the game against Leicester due to the birth of a new child and it is unclear whether he will play against Brentford. Cody Gakpo, the latest signing, might make his debut in the new year of 2023.
Brentford predicted XI (3-5-2): Raya; Zanka, Pinnock, Mee, Rasmussen, Dasilva, Norgaard, Jensen, Henry, Toney, Mbeumo.
Liverpool predicted lineup (4-3-3): Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Elliot, Henderson, Thiago, Salah, Nunez, Chamberlain.
Brentford are appearing vibrant at the present and will expect to finish inside the top 10 this season. With Ivan Toney doubtful for the tie, it will be a significant setback for the Bees, who have played delightful football. While Liverpool were lucky to beat Leicester by a slim margin. Nunez will need to rediscover his sharp edge against Brentford, as this will be a close game, and we forecast Brentford would have a say in this contest.
Prediction: Brentford 1-0 Liverpool