7:00 PM: Hello everyone and welcome to Khel Now’s LIVE COVERAGE of the East Bengal vs Hyderabad FC match in the Indian Super League (ISL) 2022-23. The kick-off is just half an hour away! I’m your host Sattyik Sarkar, and I’ll be keeping you company through what promises a fascinating evening of football. Please wait for 30 Seconds for the Live blog to load.
- Preview: East Bengal, Hyderabad FC aim to get back on track
- Stephen Constantine: Somebody paid the club for Aniket, why wouldn’t I take it?
- Manolo Marquez: We cannot plan for a clever player like Cleiton Silva
East Bengal vs Hyderabad FC: Build-up
East Bengal will take on the pitch in the ISL 2022-23 fixture against the second-placed Hyderabad FC in Kolkata on Friday. After facing two back-to-back losses against Odisha FC and Jamshedpur FC, the latter being a 2-1 defeat at home, the side will be eager to turn their wheels and get at least a point from Friday’s fixture. They will also want to finish the league season on a high to give some joy to their fans.
For Hyderabad FC, every game is equivalent to being the final if they intend to finish on top of the table. The side is currently seven points behind the table-toppers Mumbai City. Importantly, the Nizams drew their last game against Chennaiyin FC and lost two important points in their table-top chase. Hence, Friday’s game is of immense importance for the Nizams in terms of defining their league.
Indian Football Trending Articles:
- AIFF Roadmap Simplified: What are the objectives for the National Teams
- From grassroots to national teams, key highlights of AIFF Strategic Roadmap
- Top 4 in Asia, creating global star underpin AIFF’s strategic roadmap
- Puitea signs long-term deal with ATK Mohun Bagn; to join on 1st Jan
- Read what Alberto Noguera said about Ahmed Jahouh & Apuia
- Amrinder Singh reveals what compelled him to join Odisha FC
East Bengal is currently placed ninth with 12 points from 13 games. The side has won only four matches and lost all of the remaining nine. A win will take them to 15 points but it will not change their position on the table.
Hyderabad FC are placed second with 32 points from 14 games. Three points on Friday will take the side to 35 points, keeping them in the same spot.
East Bengal have a few niggles in the side meanwhile Hyderabad FC have a fully fit squad.