7:00 PM: Hello everyone and welcome to Khel Now’s LIVE COVERAGE of the Odisha FC vs East Bengal match in the Indian Super League (ISL) 2022-23. The kick-off is just half an hour away! I’m your host Praketh Reddy, and I’ll be keeping you company through what promises a fascinating evening of football. Please wait for 30 Seconds for the Live blog to load.
- Preview: East Bengal seek first-leg revenge over Odisha FC
- Josep Gombau: We’re on right track to get a win against East Bengal
- Stephen Constantine calls for more efficiency from East Bengal
Odisha FC vs East Bengal: Build-up
Odisha FC will be back in action at the Kalinga Stadium on Saturday for their ISL 2022-23 reverse fixture against East Bengal. While Odisha will be entering the game on the back of their first home defeat, East Bengal will ride on the back of their first home win. In addition to their first home defeat, Odisha FC are currently on a four-game winless run. They have collected only one point in their last four games. In their previous outing, which was at Bhubaneswar, the side lost 4-2 against Mumbai City.
For East Bengal, the season has been marred with inconsistency. The side has not been able to win two games in a row yet. Thus, they would like to change that against Odisha on Saturday as they won their last game against Bengaluru 2-1, getting their first home win in the process.
Indian Football Trending Articles:
- AIFF Roadmap Simplified: What are the objectives for the National Teams
- From grassroots to national teams, key highlights of AIFF Strategic Roadmap
- Top 4 in Asia, creating global star underpin AIFF’s strategic roadmap
- Puitea signs long-term deal with ATK Mohun Bagn; to join on 1st Jan
- Read what Alberto Noguera said about Ahmed Jahouh & Apuia
- Amrinder Singh reveals what compelled him to join Odisha FC
In the last game between East Bengal and Odisha FC, the latter registered a brilliant comeback win. They were down 2-0 at half time but won the game 4-2. Hence, the Red & Gold Brigade shall be looking to avenge that defeat and get three points from Bhubaneswar.
There is no doubt the Kalinga Warriors will go all-out to get three points from Saturday’s game. Currently, they are seated in the sixth place with 19 points from 12 games. A win will take them to 22 points and elevate them to the fifth spot ahead of FC Goa.
The Red & Golds showcased a gritty, composed performance against Bengaluru last week. The side is currently in the eighth place with 12 points from 11 games. A win this week will increase their tally to 15 and might take them ahead of Chennaiyin FC if they drop points in the first game of Saturday’s double-header.