The club has received a word from the AIFF recently.
KLASA FC, a football club based in Manipur, has come out hard on AMFA (All Manipur Football Federation) after being snubbed from the nomination to I-League 2nd division. KLASA FC are the champions of the recently concluded state league. State Associations nominate the winners from respective state leagues for I-League 2nd division, India’s third-tier tournament.
The president of the club along with the vice president and secretary arranged a press conference and spoke about the issue recently. The president iterated, “We are the current champions of the state league and have been preparing for the 2nd division of the I-League. But AMFA unfairly selected their favourite team which is not based on merit and is against the selection procedure of AIFF (All India Football Federation).”
“We have reached out to concerned authorities but have not got any positive reply. We wanted to put forward this issue in front of the public and hope that our grievances are fulfilled at the earliest. I request the chief minister to look into this issue with due importance in the interest of players, the public, and the club.”
Reply from AIFF President
On 7th January, AIFF President Kalyan Chaubey replied to Klasa FC: “We acknowledge receipt of your letter dt. 2nd January 2023 and I will take all the facts of this matter.”
1. State associations can nominate the state league champions based on the conducted state leagues in the previous season.
2. State associations can also nominate other clubs in absence of a state league.
3. Nominated institutional clubs are ineligible for participation in the league.
Indian Football Trending Articles:
- AIFF Roadmap Simplified: What are the objectives for the National Teams
- From grassroots to national teams, key highlights of AIFF Strategic Roadmap
- Top 4 in Asia, creating global star underpin AIFF’s strategic roadmap
- Puitea signs long-term deal with ATK Mohun Bagn; to join on 1st Jan
- Read what Alberto Noguera said about Ahmed Jahouh & Apuia
- Amrinder Singh reveals what compelled him to join Odisha FC
About the Club
KLASA FC (Keinou Library and Sports Association Football Club) was founded in 1972 and is based in Keinou, Bishnupur. The club primarily started playing in the Manipur state league in 2016. They won their first title in the 2021-22 season. The club won the consecutive title by finishing first in the 2022-23 season, the 15th edition of the Manipur State League.