The Red Devils will host the struggling Eagles at home Saturday at lunchtime
Manchester United are in peak condition, and their 3-2 loss to Arsenal won’t detract from their winning attitude when they welcome Crystal Palace home. Palace haven’t won since defeating Bournemouth 3-0 in December. United wants to narrow the deficit and may even make a title challenge while there is still time.
Crystal Palace are aware that defeating United at home will be a very demanding task. Palace are under tremendous obligation to improve as they get closer to the relegation zone with each defeat.
4-02-2023; 3 p.m (GMT), 8:30 p.m (IST)
Manchester United (all competition): L-D-W-W-W
Crystal Palace form (all competitions): D-D-L-L-W
Players to watch
This season, Rashford has taken on varied roles, but he has still contributed to half of United’s goals and spearheaded the attack when the group was unable to score. He barely scored goals last season, but this year he has improved and now poses a threat during attacks.
With his desire to stand out on the field, Wilfried Zaha is another difference-maker for Palace. When he is on the field, the Eagles are constantly posing a threat because of his propensity to take on defenders and open up space for his teammates. He is a huge presence on the left side.
- Manchester United have won the last five home fame against Palace, last they had a long run against Palace was in 2018 of eight games.
- Only Kevin De Bruyne (11) has more assists in the Premier League than Christian Eriksen (7).
- Michael Olise has scored in both home and away games against United; the last Eagles player to do so was Bobby Tambling in 1970–71.
Injury and team news
Van De Beek is sidelined until April due to injury, while Eriksen is also out until then. McTominay will sit out the game with Dalot, who is still recuperating. Martial and Luke Shaw are unsure, while Sancho could make a return.
Due to a calf injury, Joachim Andersen will not participate, and Zaha’s hamstring issue makes him questionable for the match.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top 10 players with most club goals in football history
- Top five players to watch out for at the AFCON 2023 qualifiers
- UEFA EURO 2024 Qualifiers: Schedule, fixtures, telecast & more
- Top five most successful English clubs of all-time
- Top 11 players with most goal contributions in 2022-23 season
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s 122 international goals: Breakdown
Manchester United: 39
Crystal Palace: 10
Manchester United predicted lineup (4-2-3-1):
De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Martinez, Shaw; Fred, Casemiro; Antony, Rashford, Fernandes; Martial
Crystal Palace predicted lineup (4-2-3-1):
Guaita; Clyne, Tomkins, Guehi, Mitchell; Schlupp, Doucoure, Eze; Olise, Mateta, Zaha
The loss of Christian Eriksen would undoubtedly be felt by United, but the club has found an alternative in Marcel Sabitzer from Bayern Munich, though it remains to be seen whether he will be able to fill his shoes.
Crystal Palace managed to hold an in-form Newcastle United at home, and if they show the same tenacity, they can hold off Manchester United as well. However, the Red Devils would prefer to win the game, and their eloquent manager Erik Ten Hag will undoubtedly figure out a way to earn three points.
Prediction: Manchester United 2-1 Crystal Palace
India – Star Sports Select 1, Star Sports Select 2 and Hotstar
USA – NBC Network Television.
UK – BT Sport.
Nigeria – watchsportonline.
For more updates, follow Khel Now on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and join our community on Telegram.
Leave a Reply