We take a look at all the winners of the Spanish super Copa throughout the years.
The Spanish Super Copa is an annual football competition, consisting of the most successful clubs in Spain, from the preceding season. The competition was first played in 1982 and has ever since been an integral part of Spanish Football.
Until 2018-19, only the winners of La Liga and Copa Del Rey contested for the title, but in 2019, a decision was made by the Spanish Football Federation, to expand the competition, to add an element of intrigue and excitement to the competition.
The competition now consists of 4 teams, which include the winners and runners-up of Copa Del Rey and La Liga.
With Real Madrid taking on Barcelona this weekend in the Super Copa final, it is rather the perfect time, to take a look at all previous winners of the competition.
Winners of Super Copa:
1982: Real Sociedad
1984: Athletic Bilbao
1985: Atlético Madrid
1988: Real Madrid
1989: Real Madrid
1990: Real Madrid
1993: Real Madrid
1995: Deportivo La Coruña
1997: Real Madrid
1998: Real Mallorca
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top 10 best deals of January 2023 deadline day
- What is the Super Ballon d’Or and which footballers have won it?
- Premier League Team of the Year 2022
- Top 10 fastest Premier League players to score four hattricks
- Ranking the Most Valuable XI of 2022
- Top 10 clubs who spent most on transfers in single season
- Top 10 winter transfers to target in Fantasy Premier League 2022-23
2000: Deportivo La Coruña
2001: Real Madrid
2002: Deportivo La Coruña
2003: Real Madrid
2004: Real Zaragoza
2008: Real Madrid
2012: Real Madrid
2014: Atlético Madrid
2015: Athletic Bilbao
2017: Real Madrid
2019–20: Real Madrid
2020–21: Athletic Bilbao
2021-22: Real Madrid