The Cherries go head to head against the league leaders at Emirates to get out of the relegation zone.
Arsenal and Bournemouth are two football clubs that have a storied history, and their meetings have always been keenly contested. The rivalry between the two sides has grown in recent years as they have battled it out in various competitions.
The head-to-head score between Arsenal and Bournemouth may be biassed due to Arsenal’s dominance. Nevertheless, recent conflicts have been hotly disputed. Bournemouth has demonstrated their ability to rival Arsenal. Arsenal has won more often than not, though, as a result of their talent eventually shining through. When Arsenal and Bournemouth compete, there is always something on the line. We can only expect that these two teams deliver an exciting match in this tight race for the league title.
Saturday, 04-03-2023; 3:00 PM (GMT), 8:30 PM (IST)
Arsenal form (all competition): W-W-W-L-D
Bournemouth form (all competition): L-W-D-L-D
Players to watch
Arsenal : Bukayo Saka
Arsenal’s man-in-form has been Saka. His performances for Arsenal have been outstanding, and he has shown that he has the potential to play at the highest level. Throughout this season, he has been an essential part of the offensive line and has repeatedly worried the defence of the opposition. This season, the athlete has scored 9 goals and provided 8 significant helpers. He ranks second to Kevin De Bruyne of Manchester City in terms of goals and should once again be a key player for his team.
Bournemouth: Dominic Solanke
Solanke is a powerful striker who is strong in the air and possesses excellent technical ability. He is comfortable playing with his back to goal and can hold up the ball effectively, allowing his teammates to get involved in the attack. He is also a good finisher and has scored some spectacular goals throughout his career. The striker has now accumulated three goals and four assists for the club this season, making him a crucial player against The Gunners.
- With just one victory in 11 Premier League encounters, Bournemouth has never managed a clean sheet against Arsenal.
- Arsenal has only lost one of their previous 32 Saturday afternoon 3 p.m. home league games, a 2-1 defeat to Brighton in April of the previous campaign.
- Arsenal has defeated promoted teams in their last eight Premier League encounters since dropping a 2-0 decision to Brentford on the first day of the previous campaign. When they last experienced a lengthier victory streak, it was from January 2002 to February 2003.
- With 27 goals given up, Bournemouth has dropped all eight of its Premier League contests against sides that began the day at the top of the standings.
Team and Injury News
Thomas Partey missed the match against Man City but may be in position for selection for the home game against Bournemouth. Emile Smith Rowe is still not on the team because it’s doubtful he’ll be healthy enough to participate. Due to his injury, Gabriel Jesus is still out, and his manager Mikel Arteta has not given a specific timetable for his comeback.
The Cherries have faced a major blow before the match as their manager confirmed that striker Tavernier will be unavailable for the fixture. Moreover, Lloyd Kelly is also sidelined due to his calf injury.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top 10 players with most club goals in football history
- Top five players to watch out for at the AFCON 2023 qualifiers
- Which players have played 150+ Champions League games?
- Top five most successful English clubs of all-time
- Top 11 players with most goal contributions in 2022-23 season
Matches – 12
Arsenal – 9
Bournemouth – 1
Draws – 2
Arsenal Predicted Line-Up (4-3-3)
Ramsdale: Zinchenko, Gabriel, Saliba, White: Xhaka, Partey, Odegaard: Trossard, Martinelli, Saka
Bournemouth Predicted Lineup (5-4-1):
Neto; Smith, Stephens, Senesi, Zemura, Mepham; Lerma, Billing, Ouattara, Traore; Solanke
The rivalry between the two sides will continue to grow as they battle it out in various competitions. Judging from the squad and prior matches between the clubs, the home team is expected to win. Arsenal should continue soaring high, their previous encounter the team looks like the favourites to come out on top. The Gunners will be looking to maintain the 5 point gap between them and Man City and continue their desire to win the Premier League.
Prediction: Arsenal 2 – 0 Bournemouth
India: Hotstar, Star Sports Select HD
UK: Sky Sports
USA – NBC Sport
Nigeria – SportLemon.tv
For more updates, follow Khel Now on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and join our community on Telegram.
Leave a Reply