I-League 3rd Division 2023-24: Millat FC vs Jeppiaar Institute of Technology Live Streaming
I-League 3rd Division 2023-24: Millat FC vs Jeppiaar Institute of Technology Live
The 2023-24 I-League 3rd Division season, will be the inaugural edition of competition since it’s establishment this year. It is also the league’s first season as the national fourth tier of the Indian football league system.
A total of 25 teams will be playing in the opening season of the I-League 3rd Division. Initially, 15 clubs were nominated for the I-League 3rd Division by nine state FAs (Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Bengaluru, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Rajasthan, and Mumbai) which complied with the nomination criteria. Nominations from 10 other states (Manipur, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Kerala, Pondicherry, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Odisha, Telangana, and West Bengal) were assessed after due diligence.
With the inaugural season of the new competition this November, we have compiled a list of all the things that you need to know about the league.
All teams have been divided into five groups consisting of five teams each. The team that finishes top of the table, qualifies directly for the final round. The top three teams on the league table of the final round will qualify for the I-League 2nd Division.
The teams will be ranked according to points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss), and if tied on points, the following tiebreaking criteria will be applied, in the order given, to determine the rankings:
- Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
- Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
- Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
- If more than two teams were tied, and after applying all head-to-head criteria above, a subset of teams are still tied, all head-to-head criteria above are reapplied exclusively to this subset of teams;
- Goal difference in all group matches;
- Goals scored in all group matches;
- Penalty shoot-out if only two teams are tied and they are playing each other in the last round of the group;
- Disciplinary points (yellow card = −1 point, red card as a result of two yellow cards = −3 points, direct red card = −3 points, yellow card followed by direct red card = −4 points);
- Drawing of lots.