F1 Saudi Arabian GP 2023 Highlights: Sergio Perez wins, Red Bull finish 1-2 on podium
Welcome to the live blog of the Formula 1 (F1) Saudi Arabian Grand Prix. Catch the Saudi Arabian GP Live! Wait for 30 seconds for full page to load.
The stage is all set for the second race of the 2023 Formula 1 season, as the drivers roll up their sleeves to take on the tricky and swift tracks of the Jeddah Corniche Circuit. The 6.175km long track consists of 27 turns and has been widely regarded as a track that showcases Formula One’s spectacular speed to the maximum. But this high speedy track is often what spices things up and makes the Saudi Arabian GP so special, as the narrow tracks added with its intricate turns, provide tons of opportunities for mistakes.
Defending champion Max Verstappen won the previous edition of the Saudi Arabian GP. He also started the F1 2023 season with a bang after a dominating win in Bahrain. However, unfortunately, things haven’t gone to plan for the Dutch driver in Jeddah, as even before the start of the race, Verstappen had a major blow in the qualifying session on Saturday. He was forced out at Q2, as a result of which he will have to start 15th on the grid on Sunday.
While there was agony on one half of Red Bull, fortunes were exceedingly contradictory on the other, as Verstappen’s teammate Sergio Perez managed to claim the pole position for the 2023 Saudi Arabian GP, following an incredible lap time of 1:28.265. Charles Leclerc made it to the front row, with his best lap just 0.180 seconds slower than Perez’s.
Indian Sports Live Coverage on Khel Now
- Asian Games 2023 Day 10, October 3 Live Updates: Tejaswin Shankar eyes elusive medal
- Asian Games 2023 Badminton: Round of 32 Live Updates
- Asian Games 2023: Who are the medal contenders for India on Day 10, October 3?
- Asian Games 2023 Day 9, October 2, Updated Results
- Who is Palak Gulia? – Meet the newly crowned Asian Games gold medallist shooter
- Who is Ashi Chouksey? Facts about the multiple medallist at Asian Games 2023
- Discover the art of Wushu: A fusion of combat, performance, and Chinese martial art
- Who is Anush Agarwalla, the newest star of Indian equestrian?
- Top five Indian athletes with most medals won in single edition of Asian Games
- Asian Games 2023: Full list of updated Indian medal winners, medal tally
- Asian Games 2023: India schedule, results, live streaming and telecast details
Mercedes pair George Russell starts fourth and Hamilton starts seventh in what was another disappointing performance by the British Legend in qualifying, whereas Aston Martin’s Fernando Alonso starts third, making it even more evident that the veteran is one to watch out for this season.
But all these practice and qualifying sessions have only led us up to the main showdown that will take place on the 19th, and we can be very sure of the intriguing and exciting race that Jeddah has always given us. Amongst all possible battles that can come up on Sunday, these are the most mouth-watering, and will surely hook all of the community.