FIH Women’s Pro League: Top 10 goalscorers of 2022-23 season
Australia lead the table having scored 24 points from 12 games.
The FIH Women’s Pro League 2022-23 is in full flow. A total of 30 matches have been played so far and we are almost halfway through the season. Australia are currently at the top of the table with 24 points from 12 matches played. They are followed by Germany and Argentina in the second and third places respectively. The Netherlands remain the only unbeaten team in the league.
The first edition of the FIH women’s pro league started in the year 2019 replacing the FIH World League. The competition serves as a qualifier for the World Cup and the Olympic Games. The inaugural edition was won by the Netherlands defeating Australia (4-2) in the final. The format post the inaugural edition had a major shift with the group toppers awarding the titles.
The Netherlands till date are the most successful team having won two titles (2019, 2020-21) and were the runner-up in the previous edition behind Argentina. Netherlands have only played four matches so far in the current edition and have all of them (sitting on fourth spot with 12 points). India after finishing third in the second edition, couldnt qualify directly in the following edition. The Indian colts eventually won the FIH Nations league last year and were awarded a automatic entry in the next edition of the women’s hockey pro league.
New Zealand, USA, and China have played sizeable number of matches and are reeling on the bottom of the points table. The team which finishes on the bottom after the end of the league stage gets relegated and India in return will take their spot.
With 100 goals scored so far, there has been no lack of goals in the season so far. Here is a look at the top goal-scorers of the FIH Women’s Pro League 2022-23:
1. Yibbi Jansen (14 Goals)
2. Joosje Burg (8 Goals)
3. Pien Dicke (8 Goals)
4. Frederique Malta (8 Goals)
5. BingFeng Gu (7 Goals)
6. Ambrosia Malone (7 Goals)
7. Emily White (7 Goals)
Indian Sports Live Coverage on Khel Now
- Asian Games 2023 Day 10, October 3 Live Updates: Tejaswin Shankar eyes elusive medal
- Asian Games 2023 Badminton: Round of 32 Live Updates
- Asian Games 2023 Hockey: India vs Hong Kong Live Updates
- Asian Games 2023: Who are the medal contenders for India on Day 10, October 3?
- Asian Games 2023 Day 9, October 2, Updated Results
- Who is Palak Gulia? – Meet the newly crowned Asian Games gold medallist shooter
- Who is Ashi Chouksey? Facts about the multiple medallist at Asian Games 2023
- Discover the art of Wushu: A fusion of combat, performance, and Chinese martial art
- Who is Anush Agarwalla, the newest star of Indian equestrian?
- Top five Indian athletes with most medals won in single edition of Asian Games
- Asian Games 2023: Full list of updated Indian medal winners, medal tally
- Asian Games 2023: India schedule, results, live streaming and telecast details
8. Maria Granatto (6 Goals)
9. Charlotte Stapenhorst (6 Goals)
10. Vanden Borre Stephanie (6 Goals)
**Last Updated on July 10, 2023