Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik felicitates gymnast Pranati Nayak for her achievements in National Games 2023
The Odisha gymnast won four gold medals and a silver.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik of Odisha felicitated Pranati Nayak, the accomplished gymnast, in recognition of her stellar achievements at the National Games 2023 in Goa. The Chief Minister presented Pranati Nayak with a cash award of Rs 23 lakhs to commend her extraordinary performance. He also extended his congratulations to Head Coach Ashok Mishra.
Pranati Nayak displayed remarkable dedication and talent by securing an impressive total of four gold medals and one silver medal in gymnastics. Her victories spanned Women’s Artistic Gymnastics, beginning with coveted gold in the All-round event, followed by golds in the Vault event, Beams event, and Uneven Bars Apparatus. Although Nayak narrowly missed the gold medal in Floor Exercises, she still celebrated her podium placement with a silver medal.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik expressed his pride in Pranati’s accomplishments and commented, “Pranati Nayak’s achievements are a testament to the talent that we nurture in our state. She has made Odisha proud with her outstanding performance at the National Games.” He also lauded Coach Ashok Mishra for his significant role in the success of the Odisha Gymnastics team.
Chief Minister Patnaik assured Pranati of continued support for her upcoming competitions. V K Pandian, Chairman of 5T and Nabin Odisha, was also present at the event and conveyed his congratulations. He noted, “The dedication of such coaches and athletes is an inspiration towards the transformation of sports in Odisha.”
Indian Sports Live Coverage on Khel Now
- Vaishali Rameshbabu becomes India’s third female chess grandmaster
- Syed Modi International 2023: Priyanshu Rajawat through to quarters; Unnati Hooda exits
- National Shooting Championships 2023: Anantjeet Singh Naruka, Sift Kaur Samra win gold
- Satwik-Chirag climb to world No. 2 in Latest BWF Rankings
- Indian U-19 women’s table tennis team clinch bronze at ITTF World Youth Championships 2023
- Sheetal Devi becomes World No. 1 para archer in latest World Archery rankings
- Aditi Ashok wins second LET title this season at Open de Espana
- List of Indian athletes to have secured qualification for Paris Olympics 2024
Pranati Nayak, an athlete at the Odisha AMNS/India Gymnastics High-Performance Center located at Kalinga Stadium, has received guidance from her Head Coach, Mr. Ashok Mishra. Her relentless pursuit of excellence and the guidance of her coach have been pivotal to her success.
Pranati Nayak and Coach Ashok Mishra expressed their deepest gratitude to Chief Minister Patnaik and thanked Odisha for supporting and promoting gymnastics from grassroots to elite levels.