The Serbian is one of the biggest names in the world of tennis.
Novak Djokovic is considered an elite athlete who expresses his emotions perfectly through his game. He is one of the living legends in the world of tennis, a name that commands a lot of respect. The 35-year-old lifted a record 10th Australian Open title after defeating Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-3, 7-6(7-4), 7-6(7-5) in the final of the Men’s Singles 2023 edition.
As it stands, Novak Djokovic now has 22 overall Grand Slam titles, tied with Rafael Nadal. It would not be foolish to bet on the Serb to overtake Nadal soon and sit on the throne with most Grand Slam wins.
In the course of establishing himself as one of the all-time greatest men’s tennis players, Novak Djokovic won multiple tournaments. Whether it is a Grand Slam or an ATP Tour event, he has won it all, and multiple times. Here is a look at the career of the Djoker in terms of numbers:
Grand Slams Wins
- Australian Open (10) – 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2023
- French Open (2) – 2016, 2021
- Wimbledon (7) – 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
- US Open (3) – 2011, 2015, 2018
ATP Tour Finals Wins
Novak Djokovic has won the prestigious year-ending ATP Tour Final six times in his career. He won the title in 2008, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2022.
ATP Masters 1000 Wins (split by year)
Indian Wells, Rome.
Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid, Rome, Canada.
Miami, Canada, Shanghai.
Monte Carlo, Shanghai, Paris.
Indian Wells, Miami, Rome, Paris.
Indian Wells, Miami, Monte Carlo, Rome, Shanghai, Paris.
Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid, Canada.
- Novak Djokovic has won a bronze medal for Serbia. He achieved it in the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- He has won the Davis Cup once for Serbia in 2010.
- Novak Djokovic has won 92 ATP Tour events as of yet.
- He is the only men’s tennis player to hold all four Grand Slam singles titles simultaneously.
- He has a Career Golden Masters. The feat requires winning all of the active nine elite ATP Masters tournaments over the course of a player’s career.
- Overall, Novak Djokovic has won 38 ATP Masters titles, a record.
- Seven Wimbledon titles make him the second-most successful men’s athlete in the Open Era in the prestigious Grand Slam.
- Novak Djokovic has won 10 Australian Open titles, a record in the Open Era that can exceed further.
- Novak Djokovic stayed at the World No.1 ranking for 373 weeks, a record.
- The Serbian began his professional career in tennis back in 2003.
- Novak Djokovic holds the record for most weeks at World No.1 (378 weeks)
For more updates, follow Khel Now on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and join our community on Telegram.
Leave a Reply