New Delhi to host 28th edition of National Tennis Championship from October 2
Total prize money is over INR 21.5 lakhs in the competition.
The 28th edition of National Tennis Championship will be conducted at the DLTA Complex in New Delhi from October 2 to 14.
India’s largest domestic tennis tournament — organised by DCM Shriram Ltd., a leading business conglomerate, under the aegis of All India Tennis Association and Delhi Lawn Tennis Association, will witness the participation of exciting talents from various parts of the country fighting for the coveted crowns.
The prestigious National Tennis Championship is also the only single full group national championship covering categories that include men, women along with U-18, U-16 and U-14 events for boys and girls.
“We are thrilled to announce the 28th edition of the National Tennis Championship. DCM Shriram Ltd is committed to contributing to the growth of Indian tennis and providing opportunities for the country’s talents through this tournament. Over the years, through this tournament we have witnessed many players creating a successful career.
Indian Sports Live Coverage on Khel Now
- Syed Modi International 2023: Ashwini-Tanisha enters final, Priyanshu knocked out in semis
- Vaishali Rameshbabu becomes India’s third female chess grandmaster
- National Shooting Championships 2023: Anantjeet Singh Naruka, Sift Kaur Samra win gold
- Satwik-Chirag climb to world No. 2 in Latest BWF Rankings
- Indian U-19 women’s table tennis team clinch bronze at ITTF World Youth Championships 2023
- Sheetal Devi becomes World No. 1 para archer in latest World Archery rankings
- Aditi Ashok wins second LET title this season at Open de Espana
- List of Indian athletes to have secured qualification for Paris Olympics 2024
“The last edition saw over 1000 participants which shows the growing stature of the tournament. I wish the players best luck and hope they will take full advantage of this opportunity to showcase their talent,” said Ajay S Shriram, Chairman & Sr Managing Director, DCM Shriram Ltd.
The opening week of the tournament will feature Men, Women, U-18 boys and U-18 girls Singles & Doubles categories as the qualifying rounds are scheduled to take place on September 30 and October 1 while the main draw will be played from October 2 to 7.
Since entering tennis in 1992 with organising Open Tennis Championship of Delhi state, DCM Shriram Ltd. has been contributing to the growth of Indian tennis and providing encouragement to budding tennis players with an opportunity to exhibit their skills in the National Tennis Championship.
The tournament has seen participation of some of India’s top tennis stars in the past editions including Rohan Bopanna, Somdev Devvarman, Yuki Bhambri, Sania Mirza and Rutuja Bhosale among many others.
Besides the prestigious titles, the winners will also be awarded with handsome prize money with a total prize pool of over INR 21.5 lakh and kit allowance in the junior categories up for grabs.