KSLTA felicitate India's Davis Cup stars at inauguration ceremony of Bengaluru Open 2024
India beat Pakistan 4-0 in the Davis Cup World Group I playoff tie.
The Indian Davis Cup team, which defeated Pakistan resoundingly on their own turf recently, was felicitated during the impressive inauguration ceremony of the Bengaluru Open 2024 at the Karnataka State Lawn Tennis Association (KSLTA) Stadium in Bengaluru on Monday.
The main draw of the tournament was inaugurated by Manjunath Prasad, IAS, Additional Chief Secretary, Department of Youth Empowerment and Sport, Government of Karnataka in the presence of chief guest R Ashoka, President Karnataka State Lawn Tennis Association and Leader of Opposition, Legislative Assembly of Karnataka.
“It’s a proud moment for the Karnataka State Lawn Tennis Association to have Davis Cup stars participating at the Bengaluru Open 2024. Their achievement in Pakistan was historic and inspiring. We extend our heartfelt congratulations to the entire team for their remarkable victory in this historic match and we look forward to celebrating many more successes in the future,” said R Ashoka, President Karnataka State Lawn Tennis Association and Leader of Opposition, Legislative Assembly of Karnataka.
Trending Indian Sports articles
- Indian tennis players to reach top 100 of ATP Rankings in men’s singles
- Sumit Nagal breaks into ATP Top 100 rankings for first time in his career
- Marathon world record holder Kelvin Kiptum dead after fatal car accident in Kenya
- All England Open 2024: Satwik-Chirag to lead India’s challenge as top seeds
- List of Indian athletes to have secured qualification for Paris Olympics 2024
The Indian team thrashed Pakistan 4-0 to secure their place in the Davis Cup World Group I earlier this month. The members of the winning team Ramkumar Ramanathan, N Sriram Balaji, Saketh Myneni and Niki K Poonacha were present at the felicitation ceremony as they will also feature in the ongoing tournament.
“We welcome all of you to the sixth edition of Bengaluru Open 2024 and wish you all the best. It will be an exciting week for the fans as top players will be in action, competing for the coveted title,” said Manjunath Prasad, IAS, Additional Chief Secretary, Department of Youth Empowerment and Sport, Government of Karnataka.
The prestigious ATP Challenger Tour 100 event, organised by KSLTA, will be played from February 12-18 with the likes of star Indian player Sumit Nagal, who broke into the ATP Top-100 ranking, former World No. 25 Vasek Pospisil of Canada and others vying for honours.
- Top four players to win first 12 matches of ATP season
- Sumit Nagal gets wildcard entry for Dubai Tennis Championships 2024 main draw
- WTA Qatar Open 2024: Updated schedule, fixtures, results, live streaming details
- Bengaluru Open 2024 ATP Challenger: Updated schedule, fixtures, results, live streaming details
- Full list of players who have withdrawn from the WTA Qatar Open 2024