India depart for China to participate in Sudirman Cup 2023
The tournament begins from May 14.
The 23-member Indian badminton team set off for Suzhou, China, where they will be competing in the highly-anticipated Sudirman Cup 2023 finals scheduled from May 14-21.
The Sudirman Cup, also known as World Mixed Team Badminton Championship, is a tournament where countries compete in an intense battle for supremacy.
With a remarkable track record, India has emerged as a strong force in international badminton. Their victory in the Thomas Cup last year followed by their triumph in the Badminton Asia Championship earlier this year has solidified their position as one of the leading badminton power houses in the world.
Extending its full support to Team India in their pursuit of excellence, Badminton Association of India General Secretary, Sanjay Mishra stated, “We have complete faith in our players and their capabilities. They have proven their courage on numerous occasions, and we believe they have what it takes to conquer the Sudirman Cup. The entire nation is behind them, cheering for their success.”
The campaign #heretoconquer represents Team India’s unwavering determination to overcome challenges and emerge victorious in the Sudirman Cup. This campaign captures the emotions of India’s victories at the biggest Badminton Team events so far and it also symbolizes the contingent’s determination to conquer their opponents on the badminton court and bring glory to the nation in Suzhou.
Indian Sports Live Coverage on Khel Now
- Neeraj Chopra withdraws from FBK Games in Hengelo with muscle injury
- Avinash Sable finishes 10th in men’s 3000m steeplechase at Rabat Diamond League
- Olympic champion Neeraj Chopra reacts to protesting wrestlers being detained by Delhi Police
- HS Prannoy defeats Weng Yang to claim maiden BWF World Tour title at Malaysia Masters 2023
- Asian Games 2022: List of Indian athletes to have secured qualification
- Who after Neeraj Chopra? Top five exciting Indian prospects to cross 80m mark in javelin throw
- Badminton: Why doubles event is India’s best medal hope at Paris Olympics 2024?
India squad for Sudirman Cup 2023
Men’s singles: HS Prannoy, Kidambi Srikanth (Reserve: Lakshya Sen)
Women’s singles: PV Sindhu, Anupama Upadhyaya (Reserve: Aakarshi Kashyap)
Men’s doubles: Satwiksairaj Rankireddy/Chirag Shetty, MR Arjun/Dhruv Kapila
Women’s doubles: Gayatri Gopichand/Treesa Jolly, Ashwini Ponnappa/Tanisha Crasto
Mixed doubles: Tanisha Crasto/Sai Pratheek
For more updates, follow Khel Now on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and join our community on Telegram.
posted in :