The Blaugrana host The Azulones in the Matchday 18 of LaLiga
When Barcelona hosts Getafe at Camp Nou on Sunday night, they will be attempting to make it six straight victories across all competitions. The Catalan team is now in the first place, three points ahead of Real Madrid in second place, while Getafe is in fifteenth place, one point above the relegation zone going into the upcoming round of games.
After beating Real Madrid 3-1 in the Supercopa de Espaa final last weekend and easily overcoming Ceuta FC in the Copa del Rey in midweek, Barcelona returns to LaLiga action hoping to expand their advantage to six points.
Kick-off: 11:00 pm (IST), 5:30 pm (GMT)
Barcelona form (all competitions):
Getafe form (all competitions):
Players to Watch
In a 3-1 victory over Real Madrid in the Supercopa de Espaa Final on January 15, 2023, Gavi not only scored a goal but also contributed two assists, earning him the title of player of the game. He currently ranks among the Barcelona team’s top players. After the final, Xavi expressed his gratitude to him, giving him more motivation to win his first La Liga championship.
With five goals this season, Enes Unal, 25, is the team’s leading goal scorer in the league, and he will once more play in the last third of the field. The 25-year-old Turkish striker is presently Getafe’s most important player and the team’s sole hope of avoiding relegation.
- 13 of Barcelona’s last 15 games have ended in victories (La Liga).
- In their past 19 home games in all competitions against Getafe, Barcelona has never lost.
- In 11 of Barcelona’s previous 13 home games against Getafe in all competitions, there have been more than 2.5 goals scored.
- In 12 of Barcelona’s last 13 home games against Getafe in all competitions, at least two goals have been scored.
At present time, there are no first-team injuries for Barcelona, but this weekend they will be without Ferran Torres and Robert Lewandowski due to suspension. The same back four who started against Atletico are anticipated to start again, with the home team’s right back likely to be either Araujo or Jules Kounde.
Mauro Arambarri is still questionable due to an injury, but Getafe is otherwise in good form as they get ready to face the league leaders. Following the home loss to Espanyol last weekend, head coach Flores is predicted to resist the urge to replace his squad.
As a result, the starting lineup against Diego Martinez’s team may essentially stay the same, however, Juan Iglesias might take the place of Damian Suarez as a right wingback.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top 10 best deals of January 2023 deadline day
- What is the Super Ballon d’Or and which footballers have won it?
- Top 10 highest spenders of the 2022-23 season
- Top 10 fastest Premier League players to score four hattricks
- Ranking the Most Valuable XI of 2022
- Top 10 clubs who spent most on transfers in single season
- Top 10 winter transfers to target in Fantasy Premier League 2022-23
Matches played- 31
Barcelona won- 22
Barcelona’s possible starting lineup:
Ter Stegen; Araujo, Kounde, Christensen, Balde; F de Jong, Busquets, Pedri; Dembele, Fati, Gavi
Getafe’s possible starting lineup:
Soria; Iglesias, Dakonam, Duarte, Alderete, Portu; Alena, Milla, Algobia; Mayoral, Unal
Barcelona to beat Getafe by 2 goals.
Barcelona is currently on a winning streak, and we anticipate that it will continue this weekend. The loss of Lewandowski is a major blow, but Xavi’s team should be too good for Getafe, who have dropped their previous four home league games against Getafe.
Where to Watch?
India- Sports18 TV channel, Voot
UK- Via Play, La Liga TV
USA-Hulu, ESPN+, Disney+
Nigeria- Canal+ , Super Sport