Pochettino confirms Christopher Nkunku won't feature against Man United
Nkunku remains on the sidelines with a knee injury
After defeating Brighton 3-2 on Sunday, the Blues want to win two straight Premier League games when they visit Old Trafford.
They faced a United team that was reportedly in disarray, with many players thinking that Erik ten Hag had lost the dressing room.
Pochettino provided updated information regarding the fitness of Christopher Nkunku, Romeo Lavia, Lesley Ugochukwu, and Noni Madueke before the game.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top five most valuable squads in football
- Top 10 players with biggest rating upgrade in EA FC 24
- Ranking the favourites to win Best FIFA Men’s Player Award 2023
- Top five favourites to win Serie A 2023-24 based on odds
- Top 10 footballers who were banned for doping
‘;[Christopher Nkunku is] not involved tomorrow,’ Pochettino said. ‘I think it is like we always tell you, it’s about assessing day-by-day. Sometimes we get excited and we want to have the player as soon as possible but I think we need to be careful.‘Romeo [Lavia] is doing well also but is not going to be involved.“
After joining the Blues in July, Nkunku has yet to make an appearance. The west Londoners paid £52 million to get him from RB Leipzig in Germany.
The Chelsea supporters are eager to witness Nkunku play after his standout time at Leipzig, where he finished with 70 goals and 56 assists in 172 appearances.
Given that United has underperformed this season once again, Erik ten Hag is under growing pressure. But as is the way with contemporary sports, the Dutchman will be eager to put Pochettino under pressure once more.
Prior to the crucial match, the Blues will travel to the northwest on Wednesday. Before their most recent away defeat against Newcastle United, United surrendered in a 3-3 tie with Galatasaray, severely undermining their chances of making it out of their Champions League group.
- Top 10 biggest bans in football history
- Top five long-term replacements for Kevin De Bruyne at Manchester City
- Top five youngest players to feature in Premier League 2023-24
- Top 33 fastest football players in the world in 2024
- Adelaide United goalie Grace Wilson becomes first non-binary footballer in Australia