Roy Hodgson provides Tyrick Mitchell injury update ahead of Liverpool clash
Tyrick Mitchell has appeared in every Premier League game this season
During the match, Roy Hodgson had to deal with another injury blow. Crystal Palace’s left-back Tyrick Mitchell was forced to leave the game in the 29th minute and was replaced by Nathaniel Clyne. After the match, Roy Hodgson said in an interview,
“We don’t know yet. It was an unfortunate injury to a player who’s in good form and playing well. We’d be very upset to lose him, but it’s a muscle strain.”
He added a few comments on the team’s performance against Forest.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top five most valuable squads in football
- Top 10 players with biggest rating upgrade in EA FC 24
- Ranking the favourites to win Best FIFA Men’s Player Award 2023
- Top five favourites to win Serie A 2023-24 based on odds
- Top 10 footballers who were banned for doping
“We thought, after the game against West Ham [a 1-1 draw], we’d turned a bit of a corner – in that game we were pleased with our performance – and we were rather hoping that tonight we’d carry that through and beat a Bournemouth team who, on paper and with regard to their league position, were very much available for us to win [against].
“But, of course, two things happened: first of all, they played very well and made life difficult for us, and secondly we weren’t able to play well enough on the evening to create enough goal chances to win the game, which is very frustrating for everybody.
“But words like ‘frustration’ and ‘disappointed’ are bandied around all the time. I’m just sad, really, that an opportunity to change our home form wasn’t taken, not because of a lack of effort, or a lack of desire, it wasn’t take because on the night we played against a better team and we couldn’t find a way to beat them.”
Mitchell could miss the all-important game against Liverpool and Hodgson might play Clyne as a left-back against his former club.
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect
- Injury sidelines Kerala Blasters goalie Sachin Suresh for 'significant duration'
- Top five youngest players to score in 6 consecutive Premier League games