Jurgen Klopp to target German national team job after Liverpool exit
Jurgen Klopp will leave Liverpool by the end of the season
After deciding to leave Liverpool after the season, manager Jurgen Klopp is again touted as a potential manager of the German national team.
The DFB abruptly fired former Bayern boss Flick after a humiliating 4-1 friendly loss to Japan. After overseeing just 25 games, he was stripped of his responsibilities. His team finished the 2022 World Cup in Qatar’s group stage with only 12 victories.
Klopp reveals: “When we sat there together with the club talking about the potential signings, next summer camp and can we go wherever… the thought came up”.
“I felt like: I am not sure I am here then anymore. I was surprised myself by that and started thinking about it”.
Even though Jurgen Klopp has a contract with Anfield that expires in 2026, there have been rumours of a bid being made for him. Although the charming German is appealing to people in his native country, The Daily Mail claims he does not intend to break his arrangement on Merseyside.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
When asked about connections to the post with Die Mannschaft, Jurgen Klopp had stated:
“The job of national coach is and would be a great honour – there’s no question about that. The problem that stands in the way of the whole thing is my loyalty. It’s an interesting job. But I don’t know yet whether I’ll do something completely different after I leave Liverpool. I want to keep my options open.”
Since taking over as manager of Liverpool in October 2015, Klopp has helped the Anfield team win seven championships, including the FIFA Club World Cup, UEFA Champions League, and Premier League.
Although he still has a June 2026 contract with the Reds, his out of nowhere decision to depart Liverpool has astonished the supporters. The German spurred Liverpool to win numerous trophies and turned the team into one of the most imposing in all of Europe.
It is currently unknown where the German manager will go next, but Liverpool will likely try to hire another sophisticated manager—Xabi Alonso, anyone?
- Three losses in a row for FC Goa and other talking points from ISL 2023-24 GW 16
- Dimitrios Diamantakos, Mirshad Michu headline ISL 2023-24 Team of GW 16
- ISL 2023-24: Who tops Khel Now’s Power Rankings in Phase 3?
- Top five most successful English clubs of all-time
- Top 10 clubs with most Carabao Cup titles in history