ISL 2023-24: Points Table, Most Goals and Most Assists after Match 73, Mohun Bagan vs East Bengal
An unbeaten FC Goa continue to lead the table.
The Indian Super League (ISL) 2023-24 season featured two matches on the 3rd of February. In the first match, Punjab FC emerged victorious over Bengaluru FC with a score of 3-1. The second match between East Bengal FC and Mohun Bagan Super Giant concluded in a draw, with both teams scoring 2 goals each.
In the match between Punjab and Bengaluru, Sunil Chhetri opened the scoring for his team in the 15th minute. However, the Punjab team responded strongly with three goals. The first was netted by Wilmar Jordan Gil in the 23rd minute, followed by Luka Majcen in the 71st minute and Madih Talal in the 77th minute, securing a victory for Punjab FC.
In the football match between Mohun Bagan and East Bengal, Ajay Chhetri aided the East Bengal team in securing an early lead in the 3rd minute of play. Subsequently, Armando Sadiku managed to equalize the score in the 18th minute.
During the second half of the game, Cleiton Silva successfully converted a penalty, securing the second goal for his team in the 55th minute. Subsequently, Mohun Bagan equalized in the 87th minute, with Dimitri Petratos scoring the goal.
A brief look at the points table
The leading position in the table is currently occupied by FC Goa, who have amassed 27 points from 11 matches. Following closely behind is Odisha FC, also with 27 points, but having played two additional games compared to the Gaurs.
Kerala Blaster FC has moved down to the third position following their loss to Odisha FC, securing a total of 26 points from 13 matches. Meanwhile, Mumbai City FC currently occupies the fourth place, with 22 points earned from 11 matches.
Mohun Bagan remains at fifth position after settling for a draw against East Bengal. They have secured 20 points from 11 matches so far. NorthEast United FC follows them closely with 13 points.
East Bengal has jumped a place ahead and are now at seventh place with 12 points from 11 matches. Chennaiyin FC are now holding the eighth place in the table.
Punjab FC has moved from 11th to the 9th place after securing their second win in the league, while Bengaluru FC dropped to tenth place after losing their match to Punjab.
Jamshedpur FC and Hyderabad FC are placed in the eleventh and twelfth position in the points table.
Players with the most goals after the 73rd match in ISL 2023-24
The list remains unchanged after the 73rd match. There is a slight change in the stats as Cleition Silva has added one more to his name during their match against Mohun Bagan.
1. Roy Krishna (Odisha FC) – 9 goals
2. Dimitrios Diamantakos (Kerala Blasters) – 8 goals
3.Jorge Pereyra Diaz (Mumbai City FC) – 6 goals
4. Cleiton Silva (East Bengal) – 6 goals
5. Carlos Martinez (FC Goa) – 5 goals
Players with the most assists after the 73rd match in ISL 2023-24
The list of top assist providers also remains completely unchanged after the 73rd match.
1. Rafael Schuler Crivellaro (Chennaiyin FC) – 5 assists
2. Sahal Abdul Samad (Mohun Bagan) – 4 Assists
3. Adrian Nicolas Luna (Kerala Blasters) – 4 assists
4. Liston Calco (Mohun Bagan) – 3 assists
5. Victor Rodriguez Romero (FC Goa) – 3 assists
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect
- Injury sidelines Kerala Blasters goalie Sachin Suresh for 'significant duration'
- Top five youngest players to score in 6 consecutive Premier League games