Kylian Mbappe agrees to join Real Madrid in summer 2024: Reports
Kylian Mbappe will be out of contract in the summer
Real Madrid are a long-time admirer of the Frenchman and made a few offers in 2023 to persuade him away from the French capital. However, the report adds that claiming this is a done deal would be ‘false’.
It is thought that Mbappe will soon announce his intention to leave Paris Saint-Germain at the end of the season and join Madrid on a free transfer. The French captain had come close to making this move in May 2022.
However, the star had been persuaded to extend his contract in Paris for another two years. It appeared likely that Mbappe would be leaving at the end of this season, but still, PSG held out hope that they might keep a player born and raised in Paris to lead their project and their feverous pursuit for a first Champions League trophy.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano earlier reported that both clubs were expecting the striker to announce his decision soon. The Spanish club is also working hard behind the scenes to secure a move.
Mbappé reached an agreement in August with PSG president Nasser Al Khelaïfi, in which the player agreed to forgo an €80m loyalty bonus so that PSG would not suffer a financial loss if he did not sign a contract renewal.
“The battle is lost,” adds the report in Le Parisien, alluding to the clues Mbappé has given in recent weeks regarding a possible renewal, including the letter he sent to PSG in June, in which he formally declined to execute a renewal clause until 2025.
There is still a wait for an official announcement.
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect
- Injury sidelines Kerala Blasters goalie Sachin Suresh for 'significant duration'
- Top five youngest players to score in 6 consecutive Premier League games