Bayer Leverkusen register dominant win against Bayern Munich in Bundesliga top-of-table clash
Bayer Leverkusen are unbeaten in the league
This win extends Leverkusen’s unbeaten run to 21 games in the German top-flight and 31 in all competitions. Xabi Alonso’s men are comfortably sitting at the top of the table.
Both teams knew what was at stake. The first meeting between these two giants ended in a 2-2 draw. Bayer Leverkusen rescued a draw right at the end of the match.
For this match, both managers named a strong starting 11. Harry Kane was looking for his 25th league goal in his first season in Germany.
The match started with both teams enjoying an equal share of possession. In the 18th minute, the leaders took the lead from an attack down the left flank. Robert Andrich made a wide run and received the ball. He provided a low cross and Josip Stanisic was at the end of the cross. Stanisic is on loan from Bayern and he scored against his parent club. Leverkusen took the lead into the second half.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Xabi Alonso’s men were on a mission and extended their lead within the first five minutes of the second half. Another attack from the left side and this time another full-back converted the chance. Alex Grimaldo scored his eighth goal of the season and that too in his first season in Germany.
This goal gave them more confidence. Bayer Leverkusen impressed at the back and maintained a tight line. They never allowed the opposition to run behind them.
Jeremie Frimpong sealed the deal at the last minute. Manuel Neuer came up for a corner and left the goal. Bayer hit them on the counter and the speedster had the ball at his feet. He scored the third of the match and sealed the match.
Alonso’s men are on 55 points after 21 league games. They have scored 54 times and only conceded 14 goals. Bayern, on the other hand, are second with 50 points. This was their third defeat of the season.
- Three losses in a row for FC Goa and other talking points from ISL 2023-24 GW 16
- Dimitrios Diamantakos, Mirshad Michu headline ISL 2023-24 Team of GW 16
- ISL 2023-24: Who tops Khel Now’s Power Rankings in Phase 3?
- Top five most successful English clubs of all-time
- Top 10 clubs with most Carabao Cup titles in history