Top 10 best transfers in 2024 January transfer window
January transfer window headlines were dominated by these names
Teams were able to select the best players to make their team stronger in the second half of the season after the half-season had been completed. Many teams were able to strengthen their squads based on their needs.
We saw some tussles between the sides for the signing of players, such as Radu Dragusin who ultimately decided to join Tottenham Hotspur over Bayern Munich. With the transfer window closed, teams can now start preparing for the remainder of the season.
Here are the top 10 ranked transfers from January transfer window 2024
10. Kalvin Phillips (West Ham United) – Loan
The England International was surplus to requirement at Manchester City having failed to establish himself as a regular in the team. When Euro 2024 approached, Kalvin Phillips decided it was best to move away from City to revive his career. He was a beast in the middle of the park at Leeds United and will aim to play a crucial role in the Hammer’s push towards the top.
9. Timo Werner (Tottenham Hotspur) – Loan
The Former Chelsea Man has made an instant impact on the team with his selfless play in the final third has benefitted Spurs a lot. As a result of his explosive pace and directness in the attacking third, he has already contributed two assists in three matches, filling Son’s void while he is on international duty.
8. Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund) – Loan
In the long run, Jadon Sancho developed himself into one of the best players in Europe at the time after falling out with Erik Ten Hag for a long season. As Dortmund is a familiar place for him, Jadon Sancho is not playing with a smile on his face. He even assisted against SV Darmstadt on his second debut.
7. Lucas Beraldo (Paris Saint Germain) – €20M
With his performances in the Brazilian league, Lucas Beraldo made a name for himself as one of the upcoming Brazilian football talents. The left-footed player caught Paris Saint Germain’s attention. He was able to play under pressure and make key interceptions and tackles, which helped them to pay him such a high amount.
6. Sacha Boey (Bayern Munich) – €30M
Sacha Boey made himself a name playing for Galatasaray in the Turkish League where he was one of the best fullbacks in the division. His ability to defend and make a contribution in the final third made Bayern Munich fork out a huge amount for him.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
5. Eljif Elmas (RB Leipzig)- €24M
Former Napoli Man never got the chance to be a regular for Napoli. He played for Napoli for 189 appearances, scoring 19 goals. With his versatility and ability to play at any position in the attacking third, Elmas will fill the void left by Forsberg, who left for the New Year Red Bulls.
4. Cyril Ngonge (Napoli)- €18M
The Belgian International who started his career at Club Brugge made himself a name at Hellas Verona where he scored 11 goals in 36 appearances which caught the eye of Napoli who bought him quickly without much competition. This season, Ngonge has made 20 appearances in Serie A scoring 6 goals and providing two assists for his teammates. He can play as both an attacking midfielder and a right winger.
3. Arthur Vermeeren (Atlético Madrid)- €18M
With Royal Antwerp, he made his name as an exciting central midfielder, establishing himself as one of the most exciting players in the league. With his style of play suiting Diego Simeone’s style of play, Atletico Madrid were quick to invest in bringing him to Wanda Metropolitan to integrate him into the starting eleven.
2. Vitor Roque (FC Barcelona)- €40M
The 18-year-old Forward from Brazil has made an instant impact on the team. He has made five appearances for Barcelona so far scoring two goals. In both the present and future, he is expected to play an essential role for Barcelona. Known for his versatility, he can play in several positions and likes to drift inside to score with his right foot.
1. Radu Dragusin (Tottenham Hotspur)- €25M
Both Tottenham Hotspur and Bayern Munich were vying for the Romanian International’s signature during the January transfer window. Although both sides had submitted their bids, the player ultimately decided that Tottenham Hotspur would provide him with his best development over the years. Genoa developed as one of the surprises of Serie A this season because of his key role in their success.
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect
- Injury sidelines Kerala Blasters goalie Sachin Suresh for 'significant duration'
- Top five youngest players to score in 6 consecutive Premier League games