Brentford ready to sell Ivan Toney in summer 2024, confirms Thomas Frank
Chelsea and Arsenal have been credited with interest in Ivan Toney
Several elite teams would be keen to sign Toney in the summer, the Brentford manager acknowledged, making it challenging for the team to hang on to him. Also, the striker’s current deal will expire in just one year. Frank commented to Tipsbladet in an interview:
“It’s quite obvious that Ivan Toney will most likely be sold in the summer. It can be expensive to sell your best player, but on the other hand, I also know that by the summer, he’ll only have a year left on his contract with us. We also know what he’s worth.
I don’t think many strikers in the world are better than him right now. He’s a really good striker who is in his prime footballing age. Personally, as a coach, I would prefer to keep Toney, but one day it could be fun to see him in a top team. This winter, we had no bids for him, but it would surprise me if there aren’t a lot of clubs interested in him.”
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Chelsea and Arsenal, two of the biggest teams in the Premier League, have long admired the English striker. Although Toney did not receive any offers during the recently closed January transfer window,
The Bees anticipate hearing from teams when the summer transfer market opens. Toney has made two Premier League appearances for his team after returning from his ban, scoring twice.
Frank’s team will play their next Premier League match on Saturday away from home against Wolves. They are still hurting from their 3-1 home loss to Manchester City.
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect
- Injury sidelines Kerala Blasters goalie Sachin Suresh for 'significant duration'
- Top five youngest players to score in 6 consecutive Premier League games