Liverpool's Dominik Szoboszlai out for 3-4 weeks with hamstring issue: Report
Dominik Szoboszlai missed the game against Arsenal
Liverpool have received another injury blow as key midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai has been ruled out for the next 3-4 weeks. The Reds are scheduled to play 7-8 games during that period.
Reports are stating, “Although the club still hasn’t announced the exact diagnosis, we know that according to the current situation, it is worth counting on a recovery time of about three to four weeks in the case of Szoboszlai.”
Dominik Szoboszlai has an ongoing hamstring issue and was absent from the game against Arsenal. Manager Jurgen Klopp said, “Dom felt in the same area, or pretty much a similar area, to where he was injured before,” explaining the midfielder’s Arsenal absence. “Not in the game [against Chelsea], he was fine, and then after the game [he felt it] slightly so we had a look at it and there was now no chance for him to be involved in this game.”
The injury will force the Hungarian to miss the remaining games in February, including a crucial Carabao Cup final against Chelsea. Jurgen Klopp’s men are scheduled to play against Burnley, Brentford, Luton, and Nottingham Forest within the next four weeks in the Premier League.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Liverpool also play an FA Cup match against Watford or Southampton in the next round. The Carabao Cup final is towards the end of this month.
Klopp will aim for his medical team to resolve this issue and Szoboszlai will return to action before the match against Manchester City on March 10. Liverpool are already without Mo Salah, who was injured during the AFCON 2023.
The Hungarian midfielder has made 28 appearances in all competitions for the Reds. He has scored five goals and provided three assists. Dominik is the signing of the season for Liverpool and the team will hope that he returns to action soon.
- Three losses in a row for FC Goa and other talking points from ISL 2023-24 GW 16
- Dimitrios Diamantakos, Mirshad Michu headline ISL 2023-24 Team of GW 16
- ISL 2023-24: Who tops Khel Now’s Power Rankings in Phase 3?
- Top five most successful English clubs of all-time
- Top 10 clubs with most Carabao Cup titles in history