Kobbie Mainoo in contention for first England senior team call-up in March
Southgate is considering calling Kobbie Mainoo for a match vs Brazil
The Three Lions are going to start training for this year’s Euro 2024 tournament next month, where they will play two exhibitions against Brazil and Belgium. Having advanced to the Euro 2020 final, England will once again be regarded as strong favourites.
Even though he has access to some of the most talented players in the world, Southgate still has some very difficult choices to make on who will travel to Germany this summer.
Because of this, the next fixtures will aid the manager’s decision, and Mainoo may play a role in them. According to HITC, Southgate has taken notice of the 18-year-old’s superb performance at the club level and is considering giving him his first call-up. He has currently competed for his country in the under-17, under-18, and under-19 levels.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Mainoo’s manager, teammates, analysts, and neutrals, have praised him for his performances. In the field, he exudes a maturity exceeding his age, and his impact on Erik ten Hag has been so great that he is currently ranked higher than his senior midfield colleagues, Christian Eriksen and Scott McTominay.
The idea that the Carrington product has exceeded Jordan Henderson and Kalvin Phillips, two faithful for England, is additionally not at all contentious.
According to sources, the Ghanaian FA is reportedly trying to persuade Mainoo to swap allegiances and play for their national side instead.
It has been believed by many that Mainoo would be the icing on the cake, giving England greater energy and proficiency in the engine area. Despite his exceptional talent, Berbatov thinks keeping his potential in perspective is crucial.
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect
- Injury sidelines Kerala Blasters goalie Sachin Suresh for 'significant duration'
- Top five youngest players to score in 6 consecutive Premier League games