PSG to reignite interest in Marcus Rashford next summer
Kylian Mbappe is set to leave PSG at the end of the season
The Ligue 1 team is compiling a list of Kylian Mbappe substitutes. According to French reports, the player has made the decision to sign for Real Madrid when his contract with PSG ends at the end of the current campaign.
Given that Mbappe is willing to take a pay cut from his £62 million per year, Los Blancos are reportedly certain they can close the deal.
PSG have previously acknowledged that they could lose their best player and is compiling a list of potential replacements.
It’s impossible to rule out a trade for Rashford, according to reporter Ben Jacobs. PSG have had their eye on the Manchester United forward for a while.
Even before agreeing to a new deal at Old Trafford last year, he engaged in negotiations with the team; but it is said that these talks were used as leverage.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
But if Rashford tells PSG that he is eager to depart, the transfer might still go through. If the England star has no intention of leaving his youth club, the Parisians are reportedly unwilling to waste time pursuing him.
Last week, SunSport revealed that PSG was not anticipated to pursue Rashford again since they are now focused on Victor Osimhen.
The Napoli forward has also been connected to moves to Chelsea and Arsenal. It’s unclear, though, if this would shift if Rashford declared his desire to go.
This season, the 26-year-old has had trouble scoring; in 28 games, he has only five goals. The player, who called in sick to participate in practice while intoxicated, was fined £650,000 for two weeks’ earnings and was left off the team for one game.
In addition, he has experienced issues off the pitch since The Sun exclusively disclosed the details of his 12-hour binge in Belfast.
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect
- Injury sidelines Kerala Blasters goalie Sachin Suresh for 'significant duration'
- Top five youngest players to score in 6 consecutive Premier League games